Fix Oss 1685348671 (New Music Won't Play All of A Sudden)

You know that pestilent error message when you download new music, try to load it in DJAY, and it suddenly won’t work in DJAY even when the rest of your music has been imported and downloaded the exact same way the new music that won’t play was?

You will have to convert the file(s) to an mp3…again, even if it already is an mp3, and then re-import it into your file/folder/source where you add music into DJAY from. This is laborious and annoying but it works. On iPad there are a bunch of free apps that will convert audio into MP3. This worked, I didn’t have to re-install or update anything. I did have a ton of duplicate files but deleted the originals.

Honestly this bug makes no sense and it’s the first time in a year of using DJAY that I have ever had this issue. I have DJAY for iPad PRO.

Hi @mrsbroussard,

Thanks for joining our Community and posting this thread about the issue you’ve been having with your mp3 files.

Could you please send us some of these files via our public Dropbox folder? Just drop some of these affected files there so we can further investigate this. Thanks in advance.

Also, where did you initially get these songs from? What format were these songs originally? What converter tools have you used?

What iOS version are you currently running?

Hope to hear from you again.

Cheers, G

Hello, I ended up fixing the issue by converting the files to mp3 (even
though they were already mp3) and then re-importing them.

They were from YouTube. Where all my other music is from.