Glitch when looping

I have been experiencing a glitch during a loop. I am using the Rane One as my hardware on a 2020 M1 MacBook Pro with the latest version of DJay Pro AI.
My typical transition is to solo the acapella on the live deck while mixing in a track with the acapella muted. When I keep sync on during these live mashups or transitions, the first loop jump occasionally falls behind. When sync is off, the behavior is normal.
I have also experienced the live deck glitching while scratching the incoming track with the same settings. It is as if the live deck is acting like the slave and attempting to sync with the incoming track’s grid.
This happens 2 or 3 times per set. Not enough to really hinder a performance, however I just started a new radio mixshow on a terrestrial FM station which requires mixes that are closer to perfection than a club or festival gig. What settings should I have on DJay Pro AI or my Rane One to stabilize this behavior?

1 Like

I agree @djsupe. This is the only problem I have with the program

Thanks for reaching out about this issue, and sorry to hear about the glitch during a loop you’ve described.

I’ve sent the details you’ve provided to our technical team to take a closer look into this. Either I or they will be in touch again here as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Hi @djsupe,

I’m sorry to hear about the glitch you’ve described, and I’m currently checking several setups in order to find out more about the issue.

In order to do so it would be helpful to gather some additional information from you to better recreate the setup and hopefully the issue.

So here we go:

1. When you’re syncing, which sync settings are you using?

2. Are you using by any chance one of our supported streaming services? If yes, could you please send us two exemplary tracks which are glitching when you are doing a transition?

Thanks in advance. I also wanted to let you know that with our syncing algorithm, we are readjusting two tracks to stay in sync no matter if they have slightly changing tempos or are not “beat-tight” at the position you looped (this often occurs at intros / outros with no straight beat). This sometimes can cause a readjustment effect.

Thanks for the response @Lukas_E .

1. When you’re syncing, which sync settings are you using?

I am using the sync mode “Maintain when Paused, scratching, or jumping to cue points” and “Maintain on song load”
When I disable the first option, the issue of course does not occur.

2. Are you using by any chance one of our supported streaming services? If yes, could you please send us two exemplary tracks which are glitching when you are doing a transition?

I do use Tidal and Beatsource, however while on the air I do not use any streaming platform. These issues occur while using local files.

To add more detail to my initial correspondence, the glitch while the incoming track is looping over the current track’s soloed acapella actual occurs on 25%-30% of transitions/mashups.

I can appreciate the adjustments you guys are making to the syncing algorithm. Coming from Serato, building the beat grid for live drummer music was EXTREMELY time consuming but also valuable in that I could rely on the work I did. Whatever you guys can do to improve that is great.

Regards,
DJ Supe

I think I have experienced what you’re describing as well. Is it like what I show here? https://youtu.be/7vUqMa5TbBg

There’s also some more discussion around that topic here: Loops + Neural Mix + Sync = Weird

Yes it does that for me as well. I have been using a M1 MacBook Pro. I haven’t tried it on my iPad Pro 11” (2018) recently but didn’t have this problem on it. On that machine I had only been using a Pioneer SB3

Regards,
DJ Supe

I too have experienced this glitch but only when using Neural mix…
It doesn’t happen every time but occasionally it has happened.

This might be a stupid question but is the acapella track that you are using gridded correctly?
I have experienced a similar scenario although it wasn’t with a acapella but the track wasn’t gridded correctly (actually the problem was that the BPM was incorrect and that effected the beat grid).

This is using a Rane One with iPad 6th gen.

To Algoriddims credit, the Sync issues we are experiencing has vastly improved over the few months with the various updates…

It’s a house track with linear BPM and yeah, the grid was correct. The special thing is that once the loop comes around for a second time, everything stays perfectly in sync, just like it should.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.