Add a Beatgrid, BPM and Hot Cue Lock to djay

This is really ridiculous! I spent days setting cues and fixing my song’s bpm, cues, etc. Later, not all, but random pre-fixed songs in DjayPro AI get re-analyzed and either the grid, bpm or cues are not were they were set.
The worse is when I load a song that was set as 80 bpms, it does a quick re-analyze and sets it to 160. I can go to the beggining of the song and hit the /2 button, but then my grid goes bunkers and it’s set as the software see fits.
You guys added awesome features with the new update, but we need a song lock as Rekordbox does, I had everything set for a wedding and during my set finding that randomly does what I described above drove me nuts!!

PLEASE!!! include an option to save or back up our already analyzed, grid corrected tracks. It has improved, but every now and then I find already analyzed or beat/grid corrected tracks completely modified incorrectly as I load them to DJAY PRO AI.

1 Like

Hi @djSahid, sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue. When creating new topics, please do not forget to answer the questions in our template with specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”. This helps all of our community moderators to provide the most effective support to users with the utmost efficiency. Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):
Hardware Firmware Version (ex. 2.7):

Also, please share details about your music source. Are you using a streaming service, mp3s, FLAC, WAV? If local music, are files stored on device or on an external drive?

If possible, can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Hi again @djSahid, I think it makes sense to change this topic from a Bug Report to a Suggestion to add a Beatgrid and Hot Cue Lock to djay. I believe this has been discussed previously in the Community, but no one has made an official suggestion that I can pass onto the dev team. Please let me know if you agree and I will make the necessary adjusts to this topic. Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen): MacBook Air M2 2022
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1): macOS Sonoma 14.6.1
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3): 5.2.2
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready): Pioneer DDJ-800

Music files are stored in my local Music folders. They are .m4a files purchased from iTunes and .wav files ripped from music cds.

Hi @Slak_Jaw Sounds good to me. Which ever route you deem best to channel this issue toward a resolution. After spending days/weeks fixing your tracks to be ready, it is frustrating to open tracks you know you fixed to find out that as they get loaded, it gets changed.
If there is any additional information you may need from me, please don’t hesitate to contact me and I will provide it as soon as possible.
Thanks for much for your time and assistance.

Great. I’ve made the adjustments and passed this onto the dev team. Please use the blue Vote button at the top left of this page so we can gauge user demand for this feature. Thanks @djSahid

I definitely support this suggestion.

Also it would be good to have some clarity from the devs on when and why the software might re-analyse a track that has previously been analysed?

1 Like