HDMI Adapter locks up one audio channel from the splitter

Been using Djay 2 for ages with on iPad Air with the griffin splitters. All good.

Upgraded to Djay Pro on an iPad Pro, bought the Apple HDMI adapter and lightning audio adapter. $1000 later…

My assumption was - keep using the splitter for audio (master and cue - patching into a club DJM800 rig) and send the Video out via HDMI - I.e same setup as usual, plus video. Then also use the lightning port on the hdmi adapter to plug power, as I don’t like running a pro rig unpowered.

However, when the HDMI adapter is connected it insists on stealing an audio channel, either cue or FoH, and even if the splitter is recognised, still the hdmi adapter locks up one audio output in the djay setting interface. If you have a splitter attached, why can’t you assign both outputs to headphones!?

This happens if the splitter is in the iPad headphone jack, or on the lightning to headphone adapter hanging off the hdmi adapter.

This doesn’t work for me, as the HDMI into the system ($150k video wall) does not bridge the HDMI audio back to the PA, and even if it did there would be lag, so I need the griffin splitter to simply keep doing what it does; plus video out the hdmi.

I would have thought this was a logical starting point - or am I missing something?

I’m late to the Djay Pro party - surely this is not a new question. Please advise. What’s the point of video, if you can no longer DJ properly? What club has main FoH system HDMI *audio* input in the booth? None that I’ve worked in…

Hello?? Crickets…

…and looking around the Griffin DJ Connect seems to be discontinued as well?

So is it the case that the only “Pro” option is to have to run master audio out the HDMI? Anybody? Anybody?

Really? That’s hardly Pro is it… ok if you’re playing through your TV at home, but useless in every club I’ve played in - which in 20 years is quite a few…

Any suggestions I’d be happy to hear it, otherwise it might be refund time…