How Do I Transfer MIDI Mappings from djay to djay pro?

I have been a long time user of djay for Mac and loved it. Was a little upset that a specific upgrade price to djay pro wasn’t offered but I’ve gotten over that and purchased the new software.

I thought moving my existing MIDI maps from djay to djay pro (and in this case from computer to computer) would be simple. djay creates a djay folder under music and a MIDI mappings folder under that. So to migrate the maps, I would just copy them into the pertinent folder on the new computer.

Unfortunately, djay pro does not seem to create the same file structure. Which leads to the question:

How can I transfer/import my existing MIDI maps from djay into djay pro?

for that matter, let me add these two questions:

1. How can I transfer/import my custom samples from djay to djay pro

2. Can djay be installed/run on the same computer while attempting to wrangle djay pro?

Many thanks to your for this solution. I had done a search for a djay folder in the file system, figuring you must have moved it somewhere, but had not had much luck.

Next question:

Why have DRM tunes stopped working, especially since when you click ‘learn more’ when they error, the page still says they should albeit that page is still from djay 4 and hasn’t been updated per se.

Thanks again. While I don’t anticipate it now, I appreciate knowing that if for some strange reason I had to install djay 4 on to my new computer the two versions would not conflict.

Have a great weekend.

Hi Mizell,

To transfer data from the previous version to djay Pro on a new computer, simply copy the corresponding files/folders from:

~/Music/djay (on your old Mac)

to:

~/Library/Containers/com.algoriddim.djay-pro-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Algoriddim (on your new Mac)

By the way, yes, you can use both versions on the same Mac. Actually, if both versions are on the same Mac, then you shouldn’t have to import any data manually.