How To Use djay for iPad with a Seagate GoFlex Satellite Wireless Hard Drive

I’ve got the new Seagate 1TB in question and new iPad 4th Gen 128gb with Lightening cable. I only mention that because as a DJay you need to upgrade your iPad to see a performance increase during the wireless hard drive search.

This news Seagate is faster and the app is definitely better. I was on the iPad2 32gb and Goflex 500gb but this new setup is faster. I will say that there are indexing problems with the 1TB because it’s trying to review everything for faster searching.

The best way is to load a little and then allow it to index then load a little more. If you try to put 750gb on all at once you will have indexing problems.

I’m from the old school when you had to bring your tunes in a small case full of CDs. There was no way to know what folks would ask for so we would bring a small selection from each genre of tunes we thought worked well. We would also bring the last 12 months of new releases and create a compilation CD for the specific event.

On the iPad you need to load it with your all time hottest hits playlist in a similar fashion and then sync whatever event playlist you are currently going to.

The Seagate and iTunes Match are only useful as backups to get songs that you may need to get you out of a jam such as a last minute first dance song change or a random request that can make or break an event.

I do not recommend trying to DJ extensively off of the Seagate because you have to jump from apps and I don’t recommend relying on iTunes Match because you need WiFi and in some places it’s shady or not there.

The best solution is to load your iPad with your hits (check out MediaMonkey it’s faster than iTunes) and to have the Seagate as a last resort. I’ll be posting an updated video on my channel review at some point when I can.

I just bought the 1t seagate wireless drive and becoming a tad frustrated with djay 2, apple and the seagate!

apple - allow us to use and play our music how we want to!!
Djay - please allow us to pick our music and video files. Not just spotify and iTunes!
Seagate - please add the “open with” feature on the drive!!