Is there a way to save cue points?

I’m planning on using DJ Pro Automix for my wedding, and I’m wondering if there’s a way to save cue points on each song? I’m using music that’s on my internal hard drive (mp3 files). I do know how to create cue points. But the cue points don’t save after I close and reopen DJ Pro. Is there a way for save the cues permanently?

1 Like

I have the same question. Wondering if anyone has answers. I want to save all of my cue points for each track. I can set them when I have a track on deck but if I unload it and reload it, cue points disappear.

2 Likes

Exactly! Hoping someone knows.

1 Like

Well, it should work automatically, as it does over here (for both MP3s and streams on the latest MacOS & Djay versions).

So we need a little bit more info to work with. Please try to experiment a with different files, locations, drives, streams, etc…

Also, make sure the MP3’s have the correct format (please try different file formats and sources to double check the issue).

1 Like

So, you can save cue points, shut down the app, shut down the computer, and when you reopen the app, cue points are still there? I have mp3 files on my local internal hard drive.

@pjbarbour

Yes, once set the cue point should be stored and be there when you next open the track.

This happens regardless of app closing, computer being turned off etc.

Not sure why yours isn’t but it should ‘just work’…

Have you tried deleting the app, removing the database and starting afresh, just to check?

:+1:t2:

Hi @pjbarbour ,

Thanks for posting to the community for the first time!

As @Sooteee and @Mister_Tuur mentioned above, your cue points should be saved and stored after applying them to your tracks.

Can you confirm the specific djay version you are using so we may look into this issue further?

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you and have a nice day!

I spent more than 50 hours over the last month setting cue points for over 500 tracks on my IPad Pro 2021 for an upcoming gig and now I find that more than half have disappeared from the iPad. All are still present on my iPhone 13, most are missing from MacOS. I use the iPad with a DDJFLX4 for live sets, and cue points are essential in the way I use Smart Fader. This is most discouraging and makes me want to switch software. I wish algoriddim would focus on perfecting the little details because it’s impossible to use an unreliable product with any confidence.

@aubhn I’ve experienced very similar issues in the past.

1. My conclusion was a problem with the iCloud sync built into djay.
  2. My solution was to disable iCloud sync within djay on my Mac, iPad and iPhone and to manually copy the djay Media Library from my main device (iPad) to the others (MacBook, iPhone). I’ve been doing this for at least 2 years now and it works well for me.
  3. The other advantage of this, is it will carry over the playlists in your djay My Collection.
  4. This also puts you in control of how your collection is backed up. I frequently copy the djay Media Library file to Dropbox or Google Drive.

NOTE: Given that your iPhone has the most complete version of your djay Media Library, I would start immediately by making a copy of it before it gets overwritten by one of your other devices. Then you can copy it over to your iPad and Mac after you’ve backed up your devices.

Here’s some more info on where to find this file:

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw Very grateful for the advice and such detailed info on a possible fix. I would hate to rehearse my transitions with cue points then to arrive at gig and find them missing. I’ll report back when I have a chance to explore this workaround :+1:t4::+1:t4::+1:t4:

1 Like

You’re welcome @aubhn. I hope that helps.

Hi

I have same issue. I’ve been using Djay Pro the latest version.

However, the app couldn’t allow to save cue points in every songs when re-loading into desk.
I’ve been using free stream musics on the app on Ipad. it should saved-store automatically, but it is not.

I try to fix it but it won’t fixed.

@Chan_Wang

1. Do you have iCloud Sync enabled on your iOS and MacOS device? https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014702832-How-do-I-enable-iCloud-syncing-on-iOS-and-macOS-
  2. Are you logged into the same Apple ID on both devices?

Thanks for your information

However, I followed all steps including reset my iPad.

Both devices (Mac,ipad) are in the same AppleID

Also the app on both devices already have active status on iCloud Syncing

Still didn’t work - when reload a track into the desk still has no cue points :face_holding_back_tears:

@Chan_Wang you’re welcome. Did you read through this post and try manually copying the djaymedialibrary database from your iPad to your laptop?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.