Just ONE Channel send on iPhone build-in speaker, when SPLIT-OUTPUT is OFF?

situation: playing a song which R & L channel are totally separeted (f.e. bass only left, piano only right channel) AND split-output = OFF, then only ONE channel will be heard (iphone loudspeaker, no earphone or anything else connected).

both channels will only be heard, if split-output is on!

BUT: if i plug in the earphones i get both channels, even when split-output is off (as it should be)
with earphones and split-output is ON: ok, both channels on Left earphone)

so it looks, that this problem appears (only?) if the build-in iPhone speakers are used to play a track! sending the sound to the earphone-output works perfectly!

just check it out f.e. with a jazz-playalong track (older jamie aebersold tracks f.e.). any idea, what could be the problem? a BUG? thx
ps: the speakers are ok, playing the same song with any other player works perfectly (both channels are heared).

iphone 6s
ios 9.3.2
i do use the split output only then, when i have to pre-listen stuff.

as i mentioned before:

"so it looks, that this problem appears (only?) if the build-in iPhone speakers are used to play a track! sending the sound to the earphone-output works perfectly! "

no it doesnt. please check it out yourself. it’s very simple to retrace :wink: once again: the problem seems to occur ONLY on the IPHONE-SPEAKERS. headphone or “line-out” DOES WORK. if you need, i can mail a typical MP3, which makes the bug very clear to examinate :slight_smile: for this i would need your mail adress.

many thx, lukas! sounds logic to me - MONO-issue :slight_smile: looking forward to an update :slight_smile: best, roland G-SAX

Hi Roland Graf,

thank you for your post.

Could you tell us which iPhone and operating system you are using?
Also do you often use the Split Output?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Roland, 

before turning off the Split Output option, please set the headphone volume to max and see if this is fixing the issue.

Cheers,
Lukas E. 

Hi Roland Graf,

actually that would be a good way to reproduce the issue. Please send us the mp3 via support@algoriddim.com.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Roland,

thank you for your mail. I misunderstood the problem at first, your mail helped me to understand, sorry for that and thank you for your patience.

The problem is how to determine if the device is mono. We reported your issue and are aware of this problem, so far activating the split output is a workaround for this issue, because it sends both Left and Right Speaker to one Speaker, which is the only speaker the iPhone has.

We will investigate the issue further on.
Cheers,
Lukas E.