Midi Mapping Help Needed

Hi everybody, need to crowd-source some help! I’m just asking for short descriptions of the looping midi map functions that DJay lists, maybe they relate to specific controller. I’ve listed all the functions below; the ones in bold I understand.

I recently bought Djay Pro since it was released on Windows and since I already have a Spotify premium account. Its been fun but I’m having trouble. I’ve never owned a DJ controller, and I am having trouble understanding the functions of all the midi loop functions while mapping to my Push 2. I’ve got lots of stuff figured out but I think the software is buggy and inconsistent, so its hard to deduce exactly what all the loop functions are even supposed to do. And further, I’m unsure whether I can use them… since I think these functions may relate to specific controllers. For example, can I even program a “cue loop”? And how would I set a track to start and play and loop at a cue point (and specify the loop duration)?

GOAL:
I’m interested in doing live remixes, keeping everything in sync and key with as much automation as possible, to allow for more creativity of sampling, etc. I would like to prepare my tracks so that I have the song start at a cue point in loop. I do know that I can map multiple functions to one midi button as well.

I’ve listed below every midi loop function that Djay Pro allows one to map to a specific button/knob. I have been able set and delete cue points, jump to cue points… but that’s where I get stuck and I don’t even know out many of the terms, like “reloop”… or exactly what is meant by start point/end point, or how a button is used when it is listed with multiple functions, i.e. loop in/out, or “reloop/loop off”.

SECTION: CUE POINTS

Cue
Jump to Start Point
Jump to Cue Point 1 (to 8)
Set Start Point
Set Cue Point 1 (to 8)
Set End Point
Jump to Beginning of Song
Jump to Start Point and Play
Jump to Start Point and Pause
Jump to Cue Point 1 and Play
Jump to Cue Point 1 and Pause

SECTION: CUE LOOP POINTS

Cue 1 (to 8)
Out 1/Loop
Out 2/Loop
Out 3/Loop
Clear Cue 1 (to 8)
Clear Out 1, 2, 3
Cue Start Point
Cue End Point
Clear Start Point
Clear end Point

Looping
Auto Loop
Loop Half
Loop Double
Loop In
Loop Out
Loop In/Out
Loop Out/In
Loop Out/Off
Loop On/Off
Reloop
Reloop / Loop Off
Auto Loop 1/16 (to 32)
Bounce Loop 1/16 (to 8)

Slicer
toggle Slicer Loop Mode
Slice 1 to 8

Selected Deck loop option:
Loop Duration (rotary)
Skip (Rotary)

For anybody who has a similar question, I was emailed the following from support:

Some things I can not explain further, these are left out blank.

Cue:

Jump to Start Point – Start Point of the Track is a special Cue Point which initialises the Start point of a track
Jump to Cue Point 1 (to 8) – Jump to one of the Cue Points
Set Start Point – Set the above explained start point
Set Cue Point 1 (to 8) 
Set End Point – End Point is the End point of a track which initialises the End of a track.
Jump to Beginning of Song 
Jump to Start Point and Play 
Jump to Start Point and Pause 
Jump to Cue Point 1 and Play 
Jump to Cue Point 1 and Pause

SECTION: CUE LOOP POINTS

Here in general it is necessary to understand that the Cue Point loop is a loop from a cue point to the “Out X/ Loop” – point.

Looping:

Auto Loop – Loops the digitally selected Auto Loop length
Loop Half – Auto Loop length divided by 2
Loop Double – Auto Loop length times 2
Loop In – Starts the begging of a manual loop
Loop Out – ends the manual loop
Loop In/Out – first hit “Loop In” second hit “Loop Out”.
Loop Out/In – first hit “Loop Out” second hit “Loop In”.
Loop Out/Off – first hit “Loop Out” second hit “Loop Off”.
Loop On/Off – first hit “Loop On” second hit “Loop Off”. 
Reloop – Reloops the last used Loop.
Reloop / Loop Off – first hit “Reloops the last used Loop.” second hit “Loop Off”
Auto Loop 1/16 (to 32) – Creates an “Auto Loop” of the desired Length.
Bounce Loop 1/16 (to 8) – same as “Auto Loop”, just the loop will stay as long as you press the button.

Slicer 
toggle Slicer Loop Mode – while the Slicer Loop Mode is active using the “Slice 1 to 8” will automatically loop within the selected Auto Loop length.
Slice 1 to 8

I Hope I was able to help you.

Cheers,

Lukas E.