Music randomly speeding up plus Issues

Hi there, I have a couple of issues and a question

I have successfully now used DJ pro live at three gigs. However, on the first gig one track was playing around 128 bpm. I loaded another tracking that was again 128 bpm. Sink and quantise was selected. But all of a sudden, the track That was already playing started speeding up on its own and went up to about 160 bpm before I had to start the second track to avoid embarrassment. This also happened on the third gig I did. However, this time the track Rose 2 140 BPM and then stopped at that speed, in other words he didn’t get any higher.

The second problem I have is this song not starting instantly from the play Head when I hit play. I can manually set the queue point and it’s still sometimes just starts from where it wants to , not where I want it to start from. However, if I press the queue it starts exactly from this point then the press I have to play press the play button button to let the track continue as normal.

I use Apple iTunes as my song library, all songs are on the local disc not on the Internet, yet I cannot get the history working. I’ve dealt into the manual I know where the history should be, but it is just not there?

My last issue is, is there any news , on full compatibility with the FLX 10 yet?

Apologies that some of the wording and the grammar above is not quite correct as I am having to dictate this message. Please assume every single version number is accurate and up-to-date as of today as indeed this is the case.

Controller used DDJ SRT 1000
MacBook Pro 16 inch last of the Intel I9 Processes, 16 gig Ram and 2 TB SSD
OS used Sonoma 14.1.2
DJ Pro latest 5.1.1

I have both an M1 and M2 MacBook Pro 16 but I have not used them yet as I’m not so keen for getting a drink spilled on them!

Hope that all makes sense. And once again apologies for the grammar errors

I know the first issue. What I see is that, if you let the first track run out, it occasionally does not stop as it should. If the next track increases BPM like that, stopping the previous track by pressing start/pause, BPM normalizes. This is an old bug that does not happen often, but reported and still not solved …

Thankyou for your brilliant answer @Brainbox . So devs, why not resolved?

My second question: I found a similar thread it says “ solved” but it never was as someone hijacked the thread with a different question, so the original question was never answered

Hi @RichP007,

Would you mind updating djay to v5.2 released a few days ago, and let us know whether or not the new version resolved your issue?

Also, thanks to @Brainbox for your assistance.

Have a nice day!

Not to create another topic - I would like to add on the bug of randomly speeding up. I will describe it as best as I can.

Sometimes in the track auther addes an extra bar or half bar of pause after end of phrase and then it continues to play normaly, so to even out the grid I set an anchor at the beginning of a new phrase as a downbeat. So what system appears to be doing is temporarly set the BPM to a different value before setting it back to original after the anchor. If I have another song already playing looped and SYNC is on - occasionally it’s BPM will be shifter WAY up/down, like 2 times the original or more. If you don’t notice this immeadiately it can lead to an epic fail :slight_smile:

Hi @Akrilovy, can you please try to capture a video of this, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

There you go!

1 Like

Hi @Akrilovy, thanks for the video, but it won’t play. Please follow the instructions I provided above for sharing videos in the Community. Thanks!

Right click and open it in a new tab. worked fine for me yesterday.

1 Like

Hi @RichP007,

1. Can you please try to capture a video of the first issue quoted below, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here?
  1. The second issue quoted below sounds like is could be a Quantize Setting issue. Can you please confirm what value you have it set to? Try either setting it to a lower value or turning it OFF completely. If this doesn’t solve the issue, can you please try to capture and share a video of this as well?
  1. Regarding the history not working, the playlist History can be found in the My Collection source in the Library and then in the Sessions/History tab.
  2. The Pioneer DDJ-FLX10 is already supported on macOS, Windows and iOS. Please note, however, that the jog wheel screens are not supported. DJ Controllers, DJ Mixers and other DJ Accessories | Algoriddim

Hi again @Akrilovy, can you please provide specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”? Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):

MacBook Air M1 2020, Sonoma 14.4.1, Djay - 5.2, Pioneer FLX-4

Thanks for the details @Akrilovy

1 Like