Nasty Problem with day Pro / Beatpad / MacBook Air - MainOut only from Deck1

Hi there,
I have a nasty problem with djay Pro on my MacBook Air using the Beatpad Controller:
Only Deck1 is playing through the MainOut of the Beatpad. Deck2 can be started, but no sound on the Phones or MainOut - the crossfader has no result on the MainOut, if used.
When using the Beatpad with an iPad and djay Pro, everything works fine.
I already tried with both available Firmware Version of the Beatpad - same result for both of them. day Pro is V1.3.1 - OS X is 10.11.4 - connected via USB.
Anybody any idea on how to solve this issue?

Hi Ingo,

do you accept the mapping dialog window which is being displayed after connecting the Beatpad to the Mac?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Could you send us screenshots of your sound device settings?
You can find them by…

1. going to Preferences (cmd + ,)
  2. select “Devices” in the menu

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi there,

could you please change your settings to Internal and see if this is fixing the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Ingo,

it sounds a bit odd, that after connecting the Beatpad the dialog window is not being displayed. This is the easiest way to map the sound channels in a proper manner in order to pre cue etc.

Could you send us a screenshot of your internal sound device settings, have you changed the Pre Cueing output to the Beatpad as well?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Lukas,
unfortunately there is no mapping dialog popping up, to let me accept or not.

Cheers,
Ingo

Here is the screenshot:

additional information - I am unable to cue on the headphones on deck 1 - phone is not assignable through the respective pads

Hi Lukas,
this only solves the issue, that I am not using the Audio Section of the Beatpad, which means, that I do not have the option to cue via Phones.
The intended usage is to Mix with cueing and all that stuff offered through the Beatpad. Using only half of the controllers offered through Beatpad via Audio from the MacBook Air is not an option for me.
I am wondering why everything works fine with an iPad connected to the Beatpad using day Pro from there.

Cheers,
Ingo