Neural Mix volumes reset on track load despite settings

• Device model: iPad Air (2024)
  • Version of operating system: iOS 17.6
  • Version of djay: 5.1.2
  • Hardware/controllers used: Xone K2

Summary of the issue:

When disabling the “Song Loading: Reset …”, some aspects of the control surface still unexpectedly reset. Specifically, the Neuralmix stem volumes and mute/solo settings are silently reset. Aside from being undesirable/unexpected when pretty much everything else persists, this is problematic for certain control mappings where we want a hardware slider to decide the stem volumes.

How to reproduce the issue:

In settings, disable option “Reset EQ, FX, tempo on track load”. Set the Neuralmix mixer to something other than the default. Load a new track.

Hi again @wasabidj, thanks for sharing these details and the video. This is a know limitation with djay and has already been reported to the dev team. Please follow the link below and cast your Vote at the top left of that page to show your interest in changing this feature. Also, in the meantime, as discussed below, you can switch to Neural Mix EQs instead of regular EQs and they will retain their setting when loading new songs. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, but after trying it I find that this doesn’t much help.

Firstly, the 4 channel NM EQ settings do reset on track load (at least when I have Manual FX in the foreground - the linked reply suggests there might be some UI view which if enabled prevents the reset from happening, surely a bug in itself).

Secondly, they map differently to the regular NM channel volume MIDI action: the slider at 50% implies 100% volume (much like a rotary EQ), and thus the slider at 100% will amplify it well beyond (totally undesirable).

I’m very surprised at the response from Algoiddim that fixing what is clearly undesirable behaviour (changing some aspects of configuration and not others when a conceptually independent action - track-load - happens) should be considered in competition with the development of additional features. I had been led to understand that Algoriddim desired to create a app which “just worked properly” more than a highly featureful app.

Was I incorrectly informed?

Hi @wasabidj, please update to 5.2.2 and turn off the new setting below:

Thanks @Slak_Jaw and the dev team for the solution!

1 Like

You’re welcome @wasabidj