No Sound on Reloop Buddy after 4.0.10 update

Hello Folks,

Using a Reloop Buddy and an iPad Air 5 (running latest os) and a pro subscription on djay. Everything worked fine until I have updated to the latest djay version 4.0.10. I was very keen to finally use the new effects that I confirm now work as designed. However…

No sound output at all on my Reloop Buddy after updating to latest version. Nor Master Out in my speakers, nor headphones on pre-cue.

Tried resetting to defaults, re-scanning for. the controller, uninstalled djay on iPad, re-installed. Checked, double checked, triple checked all settings, everything looks normal and OK and just the way they were 2 days before when everything was working.

Tried leaving the iPad connected to the Reloop Buddy and launched a Youtube video - I get sound out through the Reloop Buddy to my speakers. So - definitely not a fried unit or anything. However, I get absolutely no sound at all now in my djay pro.

Please help! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Im having the same problem on my ipad pro. Ruined my live set on the radio tonight. It seems everything works except sending sound out.

2 Likes

Exact same problem here. Reloop Buddy is working to control the app on iOS, but no sound output.
If I switch to YouTube and play a video the audio is coming through the reloop buddy out to my speaker, but in the Djay app I have no audio output to speaker and nothing coming through the pre-cue headphone mix.
As far as I know I haven’t updated the app (unless it auto updated last night) was working fine yesterday.
I have a wedding to play at on Saturday so kind of freaking out a little here…

2 Likes

Most likely your app got auto updated. You can check in djay by clicking the logo, then going to About / Release Notes. If you are on 4.0.10 then this is exactly the same problem I got.

Everything worked perfectly before this update.

@Grimnymph - you are on 4.0.10 as well? Reloop Buddy as well?

Hey guys, you could try fiddling with turning on the iPad speakers in the settings (and different scenarios of unplugging / reconnecting the Reloop). Maybe that helps as it sounds a bit like this issue…

1 Like

Negative. Tried this already. When I switch to use iPad speakers, it uses iPad speakers just fine. When switching back to use the Reloop Buddy, no sound out.

3 Likes

@spanciu
Yep it does say it’s that version, must have auto updated.
So annoying!

Did you try to unplug the Buddy, turn on the speaker switch and then reconnect?

Of course. It is purely a software issue which occured the next second I have updated the app.
Even tried reinstalling the djay app, restarting iPad, etc.

1 Like

can we get some attention from official staff, please? :slight_smile:
@David @Emily

2 Likes

Thanks for all your detailed feedback. We’ve identified a potential issue related to our iOS 16 compatibility update which can also affect previous iOS versions. We’re investigating this on highest priority.

2 Likes

Thank you, David.

I can confirm it’s also affecting previous versions. iPad OS is still at 15.7 latest version and I have this issue. To help you pinpoint - it only happened after the last update, so your previous official release worked just fine.

Thanks for claryfing, we’re on it.

I have the same issue, Reloop buddy, Ipad air 2022…
Everything was working fine until the latest update, no sound through the controller from Djay pro but other apps push sound normally.

Please fix the issue, i miss my little buddy

3 Likes

I have a same problem !

Output from djay is input to the Buddy normally, but the sound is not
output from the Buddy to the speakers or headphones.
It worked fine in the previous version(4.0.9).
So I tried it on another iPad (iPad Air latest) with the previous version
at the same time and it worked fine.

Anyway it is so clear that the new version is causing the sound to
disappear.

2 Likes

@David
Thanks for acknowledging. Any idea when this will be resolved? I have gigs this weekend I need to use this for.

2 Likes

Same here its a busy month for djinngg

2 Likes

I wonder if this particular issue only affects Reloop Buddy or other controllers as well.

1 Like

I’ve tested my Mixtour yesterday. No probs.

1 Like

I also tried Mixtour and it was no problem. But Buddy still makes no sound.