Play recorded track via Airplay (output only mono, one box)

It only plays Mono on a single box when I open and play the track in djpro using Airplay. If I open the exported file via iCloud using QuickTime … the same track plays in Stereo via Airplay.

Is there a chance to make a bugfix so that I can directly play the recorded track in Stereo using Airplay.

Another recommended feature would be to export the song to the Music/iTunes app, giving the track a title, audio compression etc.

THANK YOU.

Hi Yorh Ekin,

thank you for your post and we are sorry to hear that.
Could you tell us which device you are using and is it possible that you are using the Split Output?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Yorh,

please click at the settings icon (cogwheel) in the iPhone djay app. One of the first settings is “Split- Output” please check if activating / deactivating is fixing the issue.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Yorh,

thank you for the follow up.

Yes, that is what i assumed. The problem here is how Apple devices with non-Stereo speakers treat their speaker rooting.

We are aware of this issue and are constantly checking for a way to permanently implement a fix. 
In the meantime I am sorry to tell you, but you would have to use the workaround.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Lukas,

I am using an Apple Airport Express and the Yamaha boxes are directly connected to the Airport device. What do you mean by “Split Output”? I have checked the settings under General on iPhone for the DJ app. However I couldn’t find any Output settings. When I play music via the “Music” app, it works fine.

THANK YOU.

Yorh

Hi Lukas,

okay, I go it … here’s the “bug deal”.

As said, at the beginning “Split- Output” was disabled.
==> Airplay: output only on one audio box (left box)

I have enabled “Split- Output”
==> Airplay: no audio output at all

I have disabled “Split- Output”
==> Airplay: Audio output on both boxes (left and right)

I have enabled “Split- Output” again
==> Airplay: Audio output on one box only (this time the right box instead of the left one as mentioned in Step 1)

I have disabled “Split- Output” again
==> Airplay: Audio output on both boxes

THANK YOU.

Yorh

I guess there is still some work to do on both sides. On Apple side and third party developers. I hope there is a chance for some kind of “teamwork” to find the best solution for both sides which results in the best and most convenient user experience.

THANK YOU.