Add ability for polyrhythmic loop lengths (5 beat , 3 beat or 1.5 beat, etc)

Please please please allow software to do non (1-2-4-8) loops. If there already a way to do this please let me know but this is definitely one of the missing links compared to the competition on this software if not.

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

Thanks for the suggestion! Good idea. I have forwarded this to the dev team for consideration. In the meantime, please use the blue Vote button at the top left of this page so we can gauge user demand for this feature. Thanks!

In the meantime, 1/3 and 3/4 loop lengths are available via MIDI actions:

These are quite short options only but nice to see software is clearly capable because then should be easier to implement. @Slak_Jaw I felt compelled to repost this more in plain language title to get voting of feature and interest to be more accurate. Feel free to delete this thread in favor of that one

1 Like

@17mics this has been added in 5.2.1

New support for polyrhythmic loop lengths: added 3/2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 12 bar auto-loop MIDI actions

2 Likes

What if you don’t have spare buttons to assign to those midi actions, like on a reloop mixtour?
When using the manual loop in and out buttons, quantize off or set to 1, if I try and set a 3 beat loop it does a 2 beat one.

Hi @David_Lane, first you need to navigate to the djay Settings>Advanced>CUE POINTS & LOOPS> and turn OFF Always Quantize Loops to the Beat. Then in the Manual Loop section of djay, you need to turn OFF Quantize. Now you should be able to set 3 beat loops if your timing is good.

That’s not particularly ideal. What do the Quantize Cue/Loop options do? With is set to 4 I can still set a loop in at any moment, but whenever you tap loop out it will snap to the nearest 8/4/2/1 etc. I would expect with it set to 1 that a manual loop would snap in and out points to the nearest beat regardless of length (so you have 3), and if it’s set to 4 your manual loop in and out would snap to bar endings, and you could set a 12 beat (3 bar) loop.

Thanks for the additional feedback @David_Lane. I have passed this onto the dev team for consideration.