RANE FOUR DJAY pro

hi Djay,

now finaly the RANE Four is release . i really love the concept how creative you can be… the only thing is, i dont like Serato… cant tell you why. i love your setup and traktor… i hope you are working on, to have Djay on the Four properly running? including display??? love to see that…

12 Likes

I concur with this! iOS support would be epic with this controller. Hopefully you guys can get this working ASAP! :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if the RANE 4 has a class compliant audio card? That would probably make it easier for support.

7 Likes

I too would like to see full support for the Rane Four with iOS djay Pro AI.

9 Likes

Hi all. Going to jump on here and kindly request the same thing

5 Likes

According to the manual drivers are required so it doesn’t look like it’s class compliant

2 Likes

I had a chat with RANE and they said that it is likely possible. Not sure on the class compliant piece. I think the audio card is but the deck screens need a driver to fully work. I’m not that fussed about full deck screen implementation. Would just be great if it worked with the iPad. I’ll do some initial testing once mine arrives and let the group know.

3 Likes

So, I did some testing today with the RANE 4 (great controller btw albeit a bit massive! Lol) The good news is the sound card gets picked up by the iPad, no problem at all. Sends the audio to all the right channels. So it really is just a mapping exercise. The screens don’t work, but that’s to be expected. So, I suspect the drivers are solely required for the screen pass through. Can’t wait for DJ Pro to push a supported mapping. Really can’t see myself enjoying Serato DJ… :frowning:

5 Likes

great; I can’t wait for the support too. I have not been a fan of using a mouse pad or track pad for finding tracks either…i like to use my hands all the time to dj and locating my tracks…so the ipad pro integration would be awesome for this hardware…c’mon Djay and Rane make it happen. Add more users, not isolate them.

4 Likes

Will you guys let me know before i open the box got the rane one and love it but if the rane four cant do the same i will have to return it

3 Likes

@David_Rosario, I did some testing when I got the RANE4 and it does work. Just no mapping as of yet. The guys say it will happen, just don’t know when. Unless someone else drops a custom mapping (I don’t have the time to make one unfortunately), then we will just have to play the waiting game.

4 Likes

Great news can’t wait

2 Likes

I also think it’s great news!

2 Likes

Yes guys we need that please :pray:

2 Likes

+1000000 !!! It will be an instant buy for the Rane Four !!!

2 Likes

definitely does not work with the IOS version of Djay Pro with Rane four.

2 Likes

Rane Four has started to be available.
Can we have any update on the full compatibility with iOS Djay Pro ?
I would like to purchase it right now !!!

4 Likes

I am also interested in buying the Rane Four. Maybe the Support can tell us, if the screens will be supported. Otherwise I will stick with my Denon MC7000 :smiley:

1 Like

I figured out, that we have to give it up. It is not a class-compliant Device. No Class-compliant, no ios. What a pity!

2 Likes

The compatibility with the Rane One is almost perfect. What do you mean by “no class-compliant, no iOS” ?

1 Like

I am not an expert but I try to explain what I know: A sound-card or a build-in soundcard (in a Device like the Rane Four or the Rance One) has to be class-compliant to work with iOS. Class compliant means, that you don’t need a driver for your soundcard, it is just plug and play with an iPad, iPhone and also a Mac.

There are drivers for the Rane Four for Mac, so algoriddim may work on mappings for Mac. But there are no drivers for iOS. This the reason why a lot more Controllers and Mixers a compatible with mac but not with Apple tablets or phone → DJ Controllers, DJ Mixers and other DJ Accessories | Algoriddim

Or in other words: Rane One → class compliant, Rane Four → needs drivers

4 Likes