Reloop Beatpad and DJay2 gain/volume issue

Hi Nick,

thank you very much for your email!

We are very sorry that you had to experience this, yes the gain is a known issue to us and will be fixed with the

upcoming update which we are providing as fast as we can.

Also the sync and the waveform are things we are working on.

Thank you Nick, without users like you, which are giving us feedback about our software, we wouldn’t be able to

improve and fix the software constantly.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards, 
Alex

Hi guys,

two settings can lead to the gain jumps. 

1. The “Auto Gain” is activated (Settings -> Audio Analysis -> Auto Gain)
  2. The “Reset EQ” is activated (Settings -> General -> Reset EQ)

Please tell us if the problem is persisting after trying these two setting changes.

Thank you in advance.
Cheers,

Lukas E.

Hi Juri,

thank you for pointing this out. We are working on this problem and are thankful for your feedback. Please stay tuned for further updates and informations.

Cheers.
Lukas E.

Hi Ronnie,

we are aware of this problem, please stay tuned for further updates.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

I had this problem with my beatpad when I had auto gain/reset eq checked in djay preferences. Disabling them solved it for me.

Thanks Alex!
I have never said this before but your app has changed my life.
I am out pretty much every weekend playing big big parties/gigs with these toys and it has been the best year of my life.

Now you guys just need to work a miracle and satisfy the one fatal flaw in your program and that is Spotify and Offline. We know you can do it! We believe in you!!!

Yes I to have the same problem running ballroom dances and scary stuff when I turn up the gain and the volume drops and then I cannot increase the gain at all so fix needed urgently otherwise great product.

I have had this issue since I bought the beat pad in 2015.

I know this is an old thread. But thought I would let you know that I have been plagued with the gain issue for ages, but now I have resolved it!
The gain volume jumping up and down when you touch it, is normal I’m afraid! See below for my explanation why!

If you disable auto gain, djay will set the gain to 12’o clock if you load a new track. As the Beatpad doesn’t send the gain knob position automatically when a song is loaded, it can’t update the gain value to the actual position of the knob. If you now move the gain knob, the Beatpad sends information about the position and the gain jumps to this value.

If you enable auto gain, djay calculated the perfect gain settings so you don’t even need to change the position of the gain knob.

So, if you want to have full control of the gain knob and don’t want to rely on the auto gain feature, you need to adjust the gain knob for each track by yourself before you start to mix it into your set.

I have now set auto gain in djay2 to ON and I set the gains on my beatpad to 12 o clock and don’t touch them, as djay with match the volumes on each track! If one IS slightly quieter, I just use the fader to match the volume, but never touch the gains! And it works perfect for me!
Hope this helps guys!