Reloop Flux using iPhone or iPad - Audio Latency

Hi,

Setup: 2 Technics SL1200 + 1 mixer ECLER HAK360 + Phase Dj + Reloop Flux (Powered)
When using Djay Pro on iPhone 11 or on iPad Pro (2017) with Apple camerakit and power supply, I manage to play in DVS and all works fine…BUT I have maybe 1 or 2 seconds audio latency.

I’ve tried to change cables, to unplug everything, reboot devices, change order of plugging and starting app…Nothing works.

Anyone with the same issue and maybe a FIX for this?

Thanks

Hi @Chris_Agreda,

1. Are you connecting to a Bluetooth speaker by chance? Even if you’re using a wired connection to a portable Bluetooth speaker, there can sometimes still be some latency depending on the speaker.
  2. Also I recommend you turn Bluetooth OFF on your iOS device even if you aren’t connecting via to anything via Bluetooth.
1 Like

Hi,

Setup: 2 Technics SL1200 + 1 mixer ECLER HAK360 + Phase Dj + Reloop Flux (Powered)
When using Djay Pro on iPhone 11 or on iPad Pro (2017) with Apple camerakit and power supply, I manage to play in DVS and all works fine…BUT I have maybe 1 or 2 seconds audio latency.

I’ve tried to change cables, to unplug everything, reboot devices, change order of plugging and starting app…Nothing works.

Anyone with the same issue and maybe a FIX for this?

Thanks

Hi @Chris_Agreda,

1. Are you connecting to a Bluetooth speaker by chance? Even if you’re using a wired connection to a portable Bluetooth speaker, there can sometimes still be some latency depending on the speaker.
  2. Also I recommend you turn Bluetooth OFF on your iOS device even if you aren’t connecting via to anything via Bluetooth.

Hi @Slak_Jaw, thanks for your reply.

I’m not using Bluetooth speakers and I turn off Bluetooth. It does not fix the issue.
I have been able to play once without latency, but now it is constant.

@Chris_Agreda I have moved your other post over to this new thread you created to keep things organized.

1. Are you using the genuine Apple USB3 to Lightning Camera Adapter and original Apple charger and charging cables? There are known issues with many 3rd party adapters.
  2. Are you using high quality USB cables with dual ferrite magnets on either end?

@Chris_Agreda

1. I’m not super familiar with Phase DJ and DVS, but it sounds to me like it could be an issue with the Phase remotes or with the Reloop Flux.
  2. Are you running the latest firmware on both Phase and the Flux?
  3. Have you done a proper calibration of your Phase remotes?
  4. I would also recommend closing all applications on your iOS devices and performing a Force Restart (Force restart iPad - Apple Support (CA)).
  5. Before launching djay, I recommend you disconnect everything.
  6. On iOS the connection and launch order can make a difference. Please follow this sequence https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415866238482-How-do-I-connect-a-DJ-MIDI-controller-to-my-iPhone-or-iPad-

Make sure your phase box is plugged into a separate charger (not plugged into a hub connected to the camera kit adapter).

Make sure you are using a mfi certified camera kit adapter.

Drop a screenshot of your latency settings in the DJay app.

Make sure no other apps are open in the background using the flux.

1 Like

Yes i’m using all official adapters and I use the official cables of Apple, Reloop and Phase

1 Like

Yes, my Phase is now connected to the Reloop Flux hub, I will try by connecting to another port or adapter.

I just unplugged everything and tried using just my iPad Pro with Reloop Flux and now I have no latency. I will try to same connection with Phase connected appart from the Reloop Flux hub.

Thanks for your replies

1 Like

@Chris_Agreda I’m just following up to see if your issue has been solved. Thanks.

Hi, after plugging and unplugging a few times I managed to make it work. Not ideal and sometimes confusing. But it works

Okay, thanks for the update @Chris_Agreda. Do you have a consistent procedure that works?

Not really! Every time a have to try different procedures to make it work. Sometimes it work from the first connection and sometimes I have to tweak a little bit

Thanks @Chris_Agreda. That is very strange. I’ve shared this with the dev team to see if they have any further suggestions.

@Chris_Agreda I checked with the dev team and it turns out the Reloop Flux is not officially supported with djay Pro AI yet. This explains the inconsistent latency issue you’re experiencing. The team is working with Reloop on official support, but we don’t have a timeline on when this will happen yet.

1 Like

Thank you for the info, I will keep you inform if there is anything I find out on my side.

You’re welcome @Chris_Agreda. That would be great! Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.