seraching library or playlist unbable to search special characters / symbols on mac

: macbook pro 8 core intel
: Sonoma 14.3.1
: djay pro 5.1.7
: ddj 400

Hi, when searching in playlist or My Collection, djay pro doesn’t give any results for special characters or symbols. For example if you want to give a tag a unique name for searching using #bangers , @rnb, >favorites, ect… search only recalls the words but not special characters.

Thanks.

Thanks for the information. I have forwarded this to the engineering team to see if they can reproduce the issue and offer any suggestions. I’ll report back here when I have news. Thanks!

Hi again @Donn, we tested this on our systems and it seems to be working fine. Can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Hi Slak_Jaw, I see what happening now. If I tag a song in the album column for example #hip short for hip hop, Djay pro doesn’t see #hip as one unique name. It see # and hip as two names therefor it does give you #hip at the top of the list but it also results hundreds of songs that contain the word “hip” from my collection. The special character has no affect making the tag unique even though its part of one unique word.
A standard search function will give you only #hip, since #hip is one unique word.
My idea to start tagging with unique characters is to be more efficient and not use multiple columns to filter.
Also if I simply use only a special character, the results doesn’t show anything.

Thanks!

Thanks for the additional info @Donn