Set saved loops to trigger automatically

I’ve seen this question but am unclear on the answer/solution: other DJ software has the option to arm a loop when saving, so that it triggers automatically whenever the song is played and reaches the loop point. It’s activated via toggle on the saved loop panel. I understand this may be possible for loops saved in the #8 slot, but adding this functionality for any of the saved loop spots would be beneficial.

1 Like

I’m also curious about this

There is a setting in General preferences (in the MacOS version) that lets you activate loop 1 automatically.
Does that help at all?

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 13.45.13

3 Likes

It is helpful, thank you. I haven’t thought of a use case yet for more than one per track, but it should be simple to implement and add flexibility for users.

Thanks for the suggestion @The_seanwolf and thanks to @spiro for pointing out the setting for the first saved loop. I have forwarded the suggestion to enable this option for all saved loops to the dev team for consideration. Thanks!

What’d be really nice is if I could set a stored loop which would activate the song plays.

The obvious use case for me is to set a loop at the end of a track. Maybe create a loop of the last 4 bars, so if you end up getting to the end of the track whilst transitioning to another, it’ll automatically loop the last bit for you (obvs at your discretion). I’d see that as the core use-case for it really - disaster prevention.

Potentially you might use it creatively elsewhere, though. Set a relatively early loop so you get the standard intro, then set a loop so that you can effectively have as long an intro as you need. This might be more use when playing something like radio edits of songs, so that you can get them to be more like an extended mix.

tldr; a trigger that starts a loop when you enter it.

Thanks for linking the existing topic @spiro

Hi @Algy_Taylor, I’ve merged your topic with this existing one. Please see above. Thanks!

1 Like

I like to have the track start with a 16 beat loop so I can get it beat matched in the headphones before bringing the volume up. I’d like to build the functionality you propose into my library as well, but it appears you can only have one armed loop on load.

What’s your describing is exactly what I use that setting for. It’s to give me more time to blend at the end of the track if I get caught up. I also have reloop loop one math to my q1 button with my second shift on my controller, and you can save and activate the other loops, but I don’t need anything other than the one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.