Some feature requests

Hey!

I’ve been DJing professionally since 1994 (how about that, kids?). I used Djay for Mac for a couple of years, but now I use the iPad version almost exclusively. I try to keep a note pad at hand to jot down feature requests as I think of them. Here’s the list, it might be a bit unclear as ideas have to be written down fast when DJing. Tried to make them a bit clearer.

• Change playlists, add/remove songs to playlists.
This would be super handy when away from computer (on tour etc). Not being dependant on using a computer to change/make playlists.

• More Cues! “Requests” cue
I use the auto cue list to store songs “to play later”. That makes using the automix impossible.

• It’s annoying that automix chooses song from cue when I tell it to choose from a playlist.
Usually I have songs in the cue then need automix temporarily from other playlist. Annoying to have to empty cue then as it’s songs I need later. Super annoying!
Maybe a checkbox in Automix settings, “include cue”. If not checked it only takes songs from the selected playlist?

• Songs in multiple playlists need to be analysed for bpm for every occurrence. Annoying! Is this necessary? Would be great if it was, like on the Mac, possible to analyze all songs for BPM etc

• Songs start at -0:00. Would be good if they showed the actual length of the song (ie -3:43)

• Keyboard when searching for songs - dark please! It lights up like a torch!

• Auto apostrophes etc when typing. For example writing “Lets” should automatically turn into “Let’s” like elsewhere in iOS.

• Preview in song lists. Without having to load to a deck.

• Remaining time in song full screen! When looking for songs in full screen mode, there’s no indication of how much is left of the song currently playing. This would be nice.

• Search drop down menu sometimes hard to get rid of. Don’t know why but it just stays there sometimes and you have to tap everywhere til it goes away.

• Skip songs in automix mode? Just skip a song if you see an unsuitable song is loaded.

• Would be nice if the “choose library” dialog popped up every time. I will never use Spotify. Annoying!

• Random page with songs +/- 3-5 bpm. I never plan my sets in advance. And when skimming through playlists sometimes you’re not quite sure what to play. And when sorted by bpm it gets a bit too static… Having it randomize each screen with songs in the +/- 5 bpm range from active song would be nice.

• Remember EQ settings for songs.

• Searches to ignore commas etc. Sometimes you search for a song and you can’t find it because there was a comma in the title that you didn’t remember.

• Slow down sfx etc to be lower in volume! Is there a wat to lower the volume of the speed down sound FX?

• Songs in cue loses bpm info! (Sometimes, bug?)

• If possible it would be great to be able to unplug headphones without silence!

Hi Dmitri,

Thanks for your feedback.

"Songs in multiple playlists need to be analysed for bpm for every occurrence. Annoying! Is this necessary? Would be great if it was, like on the Mac, possible to analyze all songs for BPM etc "

This should not be the case. djay 2 for iPad also should analyze the song only once, even if it’s in multiple playlists. Can you please find out more on when and how this happens? Do you perhaps have duplicates in your library?

“Songs start at -0:00. Would be good if they showed the actual length of the song (ie -3:43)”

We’re aware of this issue and we’ll be sure to fix it with an update.

"Preview in song lists. Without having to load to a deck. "

This is already supported in djay 2. Tap and hold on a song in the library and select “Preview”.

"Skip songs in automix mode? Just skip a song if you see an unsuitable song is loaded. "

Also already supported. Swipe down with your finger on the load button to load the next song. You can also tap and hold on the button until a menu pops up and then select “Load Next”.

"Would be nice if the “choose library” dialog popped up every time. I will never use Spotify. Annoying! "

This should only happen the first time you open the library after the update. Which djay version do you have exactly? Please tap the gear icon and scroll down to determine the version number.

“Songs in cue loses bpm info! (Sometimes, bug?)”
Please also find out more on how and when this happens so we can further investigate the issue.

Again, thanks for your support!