Distortion Noise in Song Preview

• Device model: MacBook Pro 2020 (Intel)
  • Version of operating system: 10.15.7
  • Version of djay: 5.1.3
  • Hardware/controllers used: Audient iD14 mk II, KORG Kaoss DJ, KORG Nano Kontrol

Summary of the issue:
In my environment, every time I move the preview playback position with a mouse click, a stuttering noise (bbbeee…) occurs for a moment.
This is very unpleasant and breaks my concentration and significantly reduces my motivation.
I strongly desire a fix this.

How to reproduce the issue:
Move the preview playback position with a mouse click.

If you control it through midi, the squeaking / stuttering effect is gone.

Hi @discocactus, can you please try to capture a video of this, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, and share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Hi @Slak_Jaw

Acoustic sounds may be more easily recognized.

Yes, this is also what I was referring to. It gets even worse if you drag the slider, so to demonstrate the effect, try that also. I now use midi for this, this doesn’t allow dragging because it just jumps intervals, so problem is gone. I guess removing the dragging control from the user interface could be a simple fix.

Thanks for the videos @discocactus. This is very helpful. I have forwarded these to the engineering team to see if they can replicate the issue and offer any suggestions. I’ll report back when I have news. Thanks!