Track Analysis…

I use the latest versions of djay Pro AI across a number of apple devices which are all also up to date. I’ve noticed differences in the track analysis across devices.

An example, I have Patrick Topping’s “Be Sharp Say Nowt” on a Tidal play list, when analysed on iOS it’s allocated the Key 6m, on MacOS it allocated key 7m. Same song from the same source.

Is there something I’m missing? I now the track analysis isn’t perfect and this isn’t the only track it happens for but you’d think that they analyse with the same results.

Hi @Leigh_Brown,

That’s interesting. Let’s get to the bottom of this.

Could you please tell us what Key Settings you’ve selected in the djay PRO AI (for Mac and iOS) settings under “Library”. There are two options: “Format” and “Sort By”. Let us know what you have selected there on both devices.

Hope to hear from you again.

Cheers, G

Both devices are set to:

Format: Open Key (Numerical)
Sort By: Similarity (Circle of Fifths) Greyed out on Mac not an option on iPad

Hmm OK… that is strange. Are you using this song?
https://tidal.com/browse/track/80789579

I’m not able to reproduce what you’re describing on my Mac and my iOS device. For me, this song appears with the Open Key (Numerical) settings as 6m.

Are you using this TIDAL track ID on iOS and on Mac? I’m asking because in your screenshot different Cue Points appear.

Hope to hear from you again.

Cheers, G

PS: Could you please provide the following information from your devices?

• iOS / macOS version
  • djay version on iOS / macOS
  • TIDAL quality settings (you’ll find this under Library) on both devices

Thank you in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.