Track match fail

Dear Algoriddim,

I’m using Djay 2 on several devices. I really like the Track matching function in Spotify. But it only seems to work on my Iphone (6s). While using Djay 2 on my Ipad it doesn’t work. It gives the following error: spotify request failed: forbidden (403). I hope there’s a solution so I can use this feature on my Ipad as well.

Kind regards,

Guido

Hi Guido,

thank you for contacting us.

We are sorry to hear that. Could you please tell us which iPad, operating system version and djay version you are using?
Also are all other Spotify features working at your iPad?

Thank you in advance.
Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi dizzie,

is the error being displayed every time you are using the Match feature, or only after a certain time?
Also can you tell us which djay version, iOS version, device and network connection you are using?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,Lukas E.

We are sorry to hear that. 
Have you contacted us because of the crashes? If not please send an email via support@algoriddim.com.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi there,

I am trying to reproduce the problem but was not able to. Can you give me some further information please, are you using Spotify tracks as Match input or tracks from other sources?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Thank you for the follow up. I tried the same track and got recommendations.
Is this happening every time with every track?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

I see, are both devices connected to the same network and Spotify account?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Branden,

are tracks constantly not leading to further match recommendations?
Could you give a track example?

Cheers,Lukas E.

I would love to get an answer on this. Same has been happening for me.

Happens every time. Over WiFi. iPad 4, Model FD510LL/A. iOS 9.3.2 (13F69). It also crashed on me mid-song during the last 2 gigs. I’ll post in a separate topic.

Just using Spotify tracks

Hi Lukas,

I have the third generation Ipad 16Gb wifi. I’m running IOS 7.1.1 and the latest Djay. Downloaded it last friday. Picking and searching tracks in Djay with my Spotify (premium) account works fine. Just like it did on my Iphone. Matching keeps giving this error. request failed: forbidden (403). But it works perfectly fine on my Iphone.

HI lukas,

So what I do is the following. Using Djay on my Macbook I start a track searched and found via Spotify. Than I immediatly get the fail error. And try again doesn’t seem to give any solution. Please see a screenshot attachted.

Kind regards,

Guido

On my macbook it never worked. Only on my Iphone it did worked.

yep, both working on wifi and on both devices spotify is running perfectly

I had the same issue but it was only on some tracks not matching. its possible that I was playing tracks from another library(not Spotify) and could’ve been the reason for Spotify not matching them. Not sure. Although I haven’t experienced that problem recently.

I would love to hear an answer for this, too.

Is there a solution to this?