Track titles (metadata) on iOS

Morning everyone.
I’m looking to migrate from OSX to iOS. DJ Pro is one of my main use cases for my mobile device, so getting this working is basically the only thing currently holding me up! At the moment, when I broadcast my radio show I have an Applescript that pulls the Now Playing details from the library location, formats it how I need it and BUTT updates our Shoutcast server. How do I replicate this on iOS? There’s several Shoutcast broadcasting clients, but does DJ Pro on iOS make the currently playing track available? I’ve searched for this on the forums but couldn’t find anything concrete. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Hi @ShadowTD,

Thanks for joining our Community. It’s great to see new users active here.

It is not currently possible to broadcast on djay PRO AI for iOS. However, we appreciate you taking the time to share this request with us. Your feedback is very helpful in ensuring future developments are aligned with the wishes of the djay community. I’ll keep you posted with any updates.

In the meantime, it would be great if other users could vote/comment on this thread if they believe this feature will be a great improvement.

Hi Guillermo. Thanks for replying so quickly!

I think you’ve misunderstood my request slightly. There are several options for Shoutcast broadcasting out there (IziCast being the best one as far as I can see) and that can be taken care of with an external mixer. What I’m looking for is how to get the currently playing track title out of DJ Pro on iOS like you can on OSX - nothing to do with the audio path. Can it be written out to a text file?

Many thanks!

Hey Shadow,

There is no “NowPlaying.txt” file on iOS. Ideally, if broadcasting options were included in the iOS app that information would be transferred automatically.

Would you plan to run the AppleScript on your Mac?

Cheers,G

Hi Guillermo.

At the moment, I use DJ Pro, BUTT and my AppleScript on my OSX laptop. What I want to do is use DJ Pro, and something like IziCast on iOS. The developer of IziCast can consume the track data if you make it available as a program variable (similar to how the current song playing on your phone is available to a bunch of apps) or you could write it out to a text file in a specified location. I’m not asking you to write broadcasting in, that seems outside the scope of the app! Just a convenient way to make the current track available ‘externally’ like it is on OSX so that the functionality of the apps is the same.

Hi Shadow,

I’m familiar with Butt and IziCast by Daniel Noethen. However, please note that inter-app audio support is not currently supported on djay for iOS (This has been discussed in the past here). This is why IziCast can’t be used as you know it from Butt on macOS.

However, I’d like to point out, that we’ll take your feedback into consideration for future updates. We understand that broadcasting a set is important for a large number of users. So this idea is very valuable to us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts in this thread.

Cheers,G

Hi Guillermo.

Thanks for that. Just to confirm - I’m not bothered about the audio routing, just the Now Playing metadata. Hopefully this will make its way over to iOS from OSX.

Many thanks!
Simon King

Hi Shadow,

Thanks for pointing out again that you’re mainly interested in the metadata. Ideally both things (Broadcasting and NowPlaying-metadata) would come hand in hand.

Cheers,G

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.