Traktor S2 Mk2 and S8 mapping

Hi there, I’ve got a Traktor S4 Mk2 and a S8 and would like to know if there are any good mappings for it (complete with channel LEDs and FXs working) out there for me to use??

You could try searching the DJ TechTools MIDI mapping site:

https://maps.djtechtools.com/

Thanks for the advice…. Downloaded the S4 mapping & it’s working… not as tight as I expected but it will do for now…. But the channel LEDs are not working though…

You’re welcome. Glad that helped. Yeah that’s the problem with user made MIDI mappings for controllers that are not natively supported by Algoriddim. No vue meters / channel level LEDs. These cannot be MIDI mapped with djay’s current mapping tool.

I really hope that the S4 mk2 can be HID mapped in Djay Pro AI soon… was trying out latest version of Mixxx on my Linux machine and discovered that they have HID mapped the S4 mk2 in their app. Even the channel LEDs work.

@DenQ I would not hold your breath on a native HID mapping for the S4 MK2. This controller was released a decade ago. Algoriddim is pretty slow at providing official mappings and there are a lot of newer controllers that I would assume are in the queue ahead of the S4. If you really want working LEDs I would look at getting something on the officially supported hardware list.

here you go - try this mapping out. Shoot me some feedback

Trying out V2 … The Headphone Que buttons on the S8 is not working.

yep. I have to figure a place where to place those. the factory knobs don’t allow for this function.
Im about to do deck 3 and 4 but first I’ll fix the Cue channel to the top knob at the top of each drum steam, right above the screen.

Hi there, I’ve got a Traktor S4 Mk2 and a S8 and would like to know if there are any good mappings for it (complete with channel LEDs and … Hi there, I’ve got a Traktor S4 Mk2 and a S8 and would sign language alphabet like to know if there are any good mappings for it (complete with channel LEDs and … A brand new feature within Traktor Pro 3 are the new mixer FX, these are very similar to Colour Effects found on Pioneer mixers and work in much the same way.

you need the midi map program from Traktor to adjust the LED Colors.

1 Like

Hi Anthony, do you think your mapping will work on the S5? (as i’m using that) Also: did you get the screens to work like VirtualDJ did? (VirtualDJ - Hardware - Native Instruments Kontrol S8) Thanks!

I don’t think an S8 will map with an S5. two very different controller layouts. As for the screens, its going to be hard without someone at DJay to help me map the API. There is others deck layouts for Traktor that can be reverse engineered. But it doesn’t look like it without their help.

1 Like