Unable to connect iPad to Pioneer FLX4

Hi @laurent_michaut, thanks for confirming with MIDI Scope. For now the best option is for users to contact Pioneer DJ support directly and explain the issue. We will do what we can from our end as well, but it will be up to Pioneer DJ to update the firmware. Thanks!

Hi @Quick_Slow and @Bryan_Hawk, our engineering team tested this with the FLX4 running the v1.05 firmware and had no issues. Perhaps there was a problem with your firmware installation. Can you please try installing the firmware again to see if that solves the issue. NOTE: when installing firmware, connect the FLX4 directly to your computer (no USB hub or adapters).

I’m also running FLX4 firmware 1.05 and it’s working fine with iOS.

One thing to check:
The audio in FLX4 hardware and djay software operate independently of each other. It may be the case that djay iOS is turning the audio OFF in the software.

To troubleshoot:

1. On the FLX4 - turn ON all Cue buttons. There are 3: Ch1, Ch2 and Master Level.
  2. On the FLX4 - Set the headphone Mix and Level knobs to 12 o’clock.
  3. Test these software settings to see if you get audio (screen captures from macOS).

1 Like

Thanks for the troubleshooting tips @Michael_Wisniewski. Great stuff!

Hello! It’s been 2 weeks since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!