Video looping black out

Hi I’ve just upgraded from dj2 on my ipad to dj pro on my macbook - mainly so i can integrate video.
my problem is that when i layer a video over an audio track, the video plays for a few seconds and then blacks out? it doesnt do this with the demo videos that came with dj pro so why does it do it with other videos i load in? is there a setting i am missing?
very annoying!!
thanks

Hi Tim,

thank you for contacting us.
Could you tell us what format the blacked out files have?

Thank you in advance,
Lukas E.

Hi Tim,

could you please send us a video of this behaviour via support@algoriddim.com. That would help us tons in order to fix you issue. Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Thanks we got your videos, helping us a lot :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Lukas E.

They are either mov or MP4 files. They cut out after around 10 seconds, and some just don’t seem to load. Also the output video is very poor quality even though the files are hd? Very frustrating!

Hi Lukas I have sent the files to that email address via wetransfer.com, please look out for them. As they were too large to email I had to send that way.
I hope you can solve this problem
thanks
Tim

Was there ever a solution to this? I am experiencing the same thing. I’ve gotten far enough to realize that my .mov and .mp4 files are videos with a limited length (usually 4-10 seconds) that were designed to set on a loop. The problem, it seems, is that the track goes on, even after the end of the video, so the video just pauses on the last frame, waiting for the song to end so it can begin again.

How do I make the video player loop the video underneath a single longer track (obviously, without stopping to wait for the song to end).

I discovered a bit more about this. It seems that it’s actually only the .mov files that won’t continue looping. The .mp4 files will continue to loop throughout the remainder of the song.

Having said that, there is typically a loss in quality when converting .mov files to .mp4. Is djay looking to address this so that .mov files can loop too?