Vital update needed to SEARCH for tracks on IOS. One touch screen & one click midi needed.

Using IPad Pro 12.9" with Pioneer Controller (no keyboard).

It is vital that it only requires ONLY one touch on the IPad screen or one click on the controller before you can start typing to search for a track. This is still not possible.

Unlike the Mac version there is no current way of having a search box available on screen.

There is currently no working midi command to pop up the search box.

As of Djay 3.7.3 You have to click on one of 3 tune symbol screen buttons to first bring up the library.

You then have to find a very tiny magnifying glass that is placed between two other options that can easily be hit by mistake, to bring up the search box. The magnifier also moves location depending on if the queue is open or closed (this should be in a fixed location available at all times)

You then have to click on the X to delete whatever was there before, and start typing.

Djay is still great.
Please update to one click search and working midi search.
Thank you

Ps please also find a way to keep the BPM visible when the full library is open! You show the key and time but not BPM. It’s been an issue for years.

Long time user/purchaser. Djay 1,Djay2, Vjay, Djay Pro, Djay AI Subscription.

Hi @SteNight,

Thanks for sharing this suggestion with us. This would certainly make the process of searching quicker.

We’ll discuss this topic internally and we’ll keep you posted here.

It would be great if the Community could vote on this thread if they believe this would be a great improvement.

Totally agree about keeping the BPM on screen when the full library is open. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is greatly needed for mobile DJs who get requests

1 Like

Thank you E_Flam. One of the main reasons it’s so unusably slow now.
It’s also Very much quicker for me to find a track by typing or scrolling on the screen rather than using the clunky browse controls on the DJ controller, which I reprogrammed for other features years ago.
The IPad should now be treated as a professional device and given unique features that are enhanced by the touch screen.

I was/am just about to reply to Guillermo, so see what you think and hopefully you will upvote the topic.

Hi Guillermo

I think there was a misunderstanding when I said vital update needed in the suggestions section of the forum.

Djay Pro Ai for iOS is a step backwards when it comes to the search feature.
Djay 1,2,Vjay & Djay Pro all pulled up the search box as soon as you clicked on one of the “Tune” icons.
This has now been taken away with Djay Pro AI as described in my topic.

Vital Update:
1: The bare minimum should be to bring back the one click access to the search box as in previous versions.

Needed features:
2: IPad 12.9" should be treated as a professional DJ device like the Mac Book & Mac OS version and have the search box on the screen at all times (there is plenty of unused space for it in the same position). I’m assuming this changed to a magnifying icon as it won’t fit on a “less than professional” iPhone or iPad mini!

3: You should be able to access or focus on the search feature by Midi command & keyboard short cut (available on Mac OS).

(You only need to try searching for a few tracks in a live situation to very quickly realize how unusably slow it is now to use an IPad)

Hi @SteNight,

Thanks for staying in touch with us and for continuing to push this topic to us. We are currently looking into possible ways to allow a quick search in djay for iOS. We’d like to kindly ask for your patience while we do so.

We’ll keep you guys posted here with any news about this. Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers,G

The simplest thing would that if

a) a midi controller is detected and

b) the iPad is a 12.9”

The interface should mirror the macOS version as the screen is big enough and a controller indicates that little interaction with the screen would be preferable by the user.

Just my meagre input anyway! :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes! It would be awesome if there was a midi mapping for iOS to pull up search to better handle quick requests and/or to quickly find a song when inspiration strikes!

1 Like

I will upvote this suggestion as well, but also if it could be included in all iPads.
All that is needed is a Midi map setting that would enable us to program a button on our controllers in order to select the Search bar.

Also showing the BPM when in search mode would be ideal as well.

3 Likes