Waveforms fading in and out on ipad pro

Hi, first post here.
Been playing with Djay Pro Ai on the latest ipad pro and am having issues.
The waveforms randomly go dark or disappear briefly.
This usually happens when adjusting the pitch, and happens with or without an external controller.
The audio doesn’t stop but i’m pretty sure it throws the mix out of sync sometimes!
any ideas!?
Maxx

Hi @Beat_a_Maxx,

Thanks for posting to the community!

So that I can better assist you, could you please provide the following information:

1. Which iOS version is running on your iPad Pro?
  2. Which djay version are you using? (Please open the djay settings and scroll down to determine the version number.)
  3. Do you notice these problems occurring while playing certain songs or streaming from a particular service/using locally stored files?
  4. Could you record a video capturing these miscellaneous issues and link us to it via this thread.

Looking forward to your response!

I’ve noticed the waveforms going dark / blank for a second when adjusting pitch in a mix too (it’s often done that, whatever the iOS or DJay software version). I put it down to a heavy load on the hardware and it takes a second to re-draw the waveform at the new bpm.

It’s never affected audio or thrown the mix out of sync though.

Thanks Tony,
I am running video but on a 2020 ipad pro.
After playing around with some mixing it looks like a lot of the beat grids are out, so its properly that causing the mixing issues (i’ve started ignoring it!)

1. Which iOS version is running on your iPad Pro? -15.12.2
  2. Which djay version are you using? (Please open the djay settings and scroll down to determine the version number.) - 3.8.6
  3. Do you notice these problems occurring while playing certain songs or streaming from a particular service/using locally stored files? - No, seems completely random, but occurs more when i’m using pitch or pitch bend
  4. Could you record a video capturing these miscellaneous issues and link us to it via this thread-https://photos.app.goo.gl/DPxs2kpPDDurKWEg7

Hi @Beat_a_Maxx,

Thanks for providing that additional information and the video as well.

Very interesting!

I will pass this along to our support/dev teams and see if I can provide a more concrete answer as to why this happens.

Looking forward to helping you out. Have a wonderful day!

I can confirm that this also happens in the latest version of dJay for iOS on an iPad - 6th Generation. For me it only happens when I adjust the pitch over a longer range, e.g. adjusting from 0% to more that 5%. The both wave forms gradually fade out and reappear.

So far I didn’t see any consequences for audio or speed. The songs just keep playing correctly for me. This is just a visual bug as far as I can see.

That’s the same as what I see.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.