WeGO3 CUE functionality

Hi - I’m struggling to understand how CUE functions on the WeGO3 when using Djay2.

* * * To be clear, I’m refering to the CUE button next to PLAY/PAUSE, NOT the 4 Cue Point buttons * * *

What I would EXPECT to see is…

• Load track

• Find the point in the track where I would like to set this cue, say the first beat

• Press the CUE button

Now, if I press it again it will play from that point until I let go of the button, where it will then jump back to that point. So as you see the pros doing on CDJs - CUE-CUE-CUE-CUE-CUE-PLAY.

What I ACTUALLY see is…

• Load track

• Find the point in the track where I would like to set this cue, say the first beat

• Press the CUE button

• Track jumps back to start of the the whole track, not the first beat, just the start of the track

It doesn’t seem to matter whether the track is paused or playing, at the first beat, last beat, random point in the middle, as soon as I hit CUE it just jumps back to the start.

Is this right? I know Djay2 has a non ‘standard’ way of dealing with this where there is a ‘set cue’ and ‘cue’ button on their UI so wonder if it’s to do with that, ie. set the cue with the ‘set cue’ button on the UI then use the CUE button on the controller - surely not though?

Just in case it’s firmware related I’ve posted this on Pioneer’s forum too.

It worked, thank-you.

Tip: you can hit play/pauze button twice, wile your hand is on the platter. Then you can set the cue, but the track does not start and you don’t have to rewind.

On the reloop beatpad, you can always set cue, no matter if its just loaded, playing, pauzed.
It’s different from the wego3.

The “Track Start” Cue Point can be set after a playing track is stopped. 
Please note that if you loaded a track that it is not played immediately (which can be changed in the Preferences), you’d have to play the track first and stop it again in order to be able to set the Cue-Point.
Try it again and see if it works!