What DJ Controller to purchase?

I got the SB3 - for like $110. $140 at the end of the day.
Thanks for everyone’s input

I got an IPad today - I’m sure one of these IPad specific units is in my near future. Is there anything new in this space lately? I’ll likely try to get a deal hear over the next couple of weeks…

The new Pioneer DDJ-FLX4 is arguably the best controller for an iPad/iPhone right now. It has proper implementation of USB for mobile devices. Though, we’re still waiting for “official djay Pro support” from Algoriddim. So you’ll have to manually MIDI Map it yourself.

But the main benefits are:

1. To connect your mobile device to the FLX4, you only need a regular USB Lightning or USB-C cable to connect. No more Apple CCK/dongles.
  2. The FLX4 will also charge your mobile device. It has a 2nd USB-C port dedicated to pass-through power.

There are a few other controllers that fit the bill as well, but the FLX4 is probably at the top of the list.

Other controllers for iPad/iPhone - that have official support from Algoriddim:

• Reloop Ready
  • Reloop Buddy
  • Traktor Kontrol S2
  • Traktor Kontrol S3

Notes: Reloop has several older controllers that officially support the iPad/iPhone like the MIXTOUR, Beatpad and MIXON - but unfortunately they use a custom-proprietary lightning cable that can be difficult to source for a backup. Additionally, you’ll need an adapter to get them working with newer USB-C iPads.

1 Like

Bedroom? Pro? What’s your budget?

I just picked up the AKAI LPD8 MK2 to add into my mix. I’ll report back some impressions as after I get to play with it some.