when does Djay Pro AI change the 'Matching Song' list in Automix?

I can’t for the life of me figure out when Djay Pro AI decides to change the list of matching songs. I want to do a mix of all recommended songs, just so that I can discover new music on my streaming service, using some that I already know, but it seems like the only answer as to when Djay Pro AI decieds to change the Matching Song list is when the current song has played for long enough and I load up the next one, but even then it doesn’t work all the time. It also happens when I toggle automix off and on again, but it’s not clear which song it decided to match. Does anyone else have any more info on this?

1 Like

Yep. I have the same question. Why doesn’t the actual currently playing deck get loaded into the search/match field?

Hi @IAmTheUngulate,

Thanks for posting your question to the community!

Which streaming service are you trying to find matching songs with? Tidal, Soundcloud, etc?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

I’m using Tidal. Does it really matter, though? What JayJayCool and I want to know is when does DJay Pro AI change the matching song list? In the previous version, if I had it on Automix, the matching song list would change every time I put the crossfader to one side or another. Maybe this could be a feature added to Djay where we could map a command like ‘Match List to Deck A - D’ to MIDI or Keyboard command.

Hi again,

I wanted to get a bit more info so I can better assist you.

1. Which Apple device do you have?
  2. Which OS version is running on your device?
  3. Which djay version are you using?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

1. I’m using a 2012 MacBook Pro
  2. I’m running MacOS Mojave
  3. I’m using djay Pro AI version 3.1.9

the feature of song suggestions is fantastic as it allows me to discover new music on the fly and make completely improvised mixes. Sometimes I wish it would cast a wider net and that I could also filter matched songs with key, bpm, label or style.

Hi @IAmTheUngulate,

Thanks for the additional info!

Track Match suggests what to play next based on the last track played and which tunes in your collection have similar genre, BPM, and root musical key.

When you use Track Match, djay Pro AI will access the entire My Collection, iTunes/Music, TIDAL, Beatport/Beatsource, or SoundCloud libraries for recommendations.

Note that the playing song is always trying to be matched with other tracks in your library.

Below I will include a video of our support team testing track matching and as you can see every time the crossfader is moved from one side to the other djay is continuously matching the tracks.

Is djay Pro AI performing differently on your machine than it is on ours? Looking forward to your reply!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.