Xone96 issues - disconnect / reconnect

Hi, Has anyone else used a Xone96 with Djay. I’m having issues getting it working correctly.
I have hooked up with Usb cable from the mixer in USB1 port, to an Apple usb/lightning adapter. Into an iphone 13 pro max (and an ipad pro).
All appears to work for say 1 min and then it disconnects and then reconnects.
Pops up asking if i want to configure DVS vinyl.

Also the mixer works on the faders, but the fader in the software does not go up/down to replicate the physical position. I thought it would.

Does anyone have a 101 for dummies on linking the Xone96?

Cheers.

Hi @20thebear, welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you’re having issues. Here are a few quick suggestions:

1. Are you running the latest firmware on the Xone:96? Resources - Allen & Heath
  2. Do you have a paid subscription to djay Pro AI and are you running the latest version?
  3. Are you using an official Apple USB3 to Lightning Adapter? There are known issues with many 3rd party adapters.
  4. Is the Apple Adapter also connected to power and can you confirm that the iOS device is charging?
  5. Are you using a high quality USB cable with dual ferrite chokes on either end to connect your iOS device to the mixer? Cheap USB cables can cause signal dropouts due to external interference. Chroma Cables: Audio Optimized USB Cables — DJ TechTools
  1. Yes running the latest firmware on the Xone:96
  2. Yes paid subscription to djay Pro AI and up to date on iphone and ipad
  3. Yes genuine Apple USB3 to Lightning Adapter
  4. Yes
  5. Yes a genuine chroma cable

@20thebear thanks for the quick reply. Well it sounds like you’re off to a great start and doing a lot of things right!

1. The order that you connect things in djay Pro AI on iOS is actually quite important.
  2. Disconnect all cables and adapters from your iPhone and close djay.
  3. Please perform a Forced Restart on your iPhone: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support (CA)
  4. Now follow this connection and app launch sequence: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415866238482-How-do-I-connect-a-DJ-MIDI-controller-to-my-iPhone-or-iPad-

I found another topic related to the Xone:96 that might be helpful as well: Allen & Heath Xone:96 iOS compatibility - #7 by DJ-Z

HI @20thebear, I’m just following up to see if the suggestions above helped to solve your issue. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.