Cue Points Changing location after being set. Beatgrid changing after being analyzed.

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model:
  • Version of operating system: Mac & Windows
  • Version of djay: 5.1.2
  • Hardware/controllers used: Not a controller issue app issue

Got the Dj 5 when it first came out noticed these issues from release. Please fix. I use both OS and Windows. This is not a controller issue its app issue.

Summary of the issue:
-Cue Points Changing its location after it has being set

Beat grid changing after being analyzed. Same thing happened to me you set the Grid & Cue and it changes. Perfect example of it happening please watch Reviewing My Own DJ Mistakes by Laidback Luke (URL Below)

How to reproduce the issue:

This seems to be random.

Forgot to add look around the 8 min 50 sec mark and you will see the grid is off and so is the beat grid on the right hand side. Luke believes he made a mistake but it was the app. Big up to LL.

Sorry the cue is on point but the grid has moved down.

Hi @dason,

1. Could you please share some screenshot examples of your Cue Points changing location?
    a. When you say changing location, do you mean they are moving slightly off grid or to a completely different spot in the song?
  2. Please also share screenshots of your beatgrids changing position?
  3. Are there specific songs that you experience this with or is it all songs?
  4. Is this happening with local music stored on your device or with streaming music?
    a. If with streaming music, what streaming services?
    b. Have you recently changed the streaming audio quality settings within djay?

If you zoom in you can see where the cue point is in relation to the beat grid. The cue point and the beat grid was aligned but changed.

This happens with both local and streaming services

Could it be that this is happening after an app update? Does DJAY reanalyze?

The beat grid and wave form aligned perfectly. Just so you get a clear picture of what is going on.

I purchased pro 5 when it was first released and noticed it then. I noticed it when I set my cue points before an event. Then when I played live I noticed some of my cue points were off in relation to the beat grid. So I had to switch back to Serato Pro for the rest of the night.

Hi @dason, I’ll ask again…

1. Could you please share some screenshot examples of your Cue Points changing location?
    a. When you say changing location, do you mean they are moving slightly off grid or to a completely different spot in the song?
  2. Please also share screenshots of your beatgrids changing position?
  3. Are there specific songs that you experience this with or is it all songs?
  4. Is this happening with local music stored on your device or with streaming music?
    a. If with streaming music, what streaming services?
    b. Have you recently changed the streaming audio quality settings within djay?

@dason questions 3 and 4 please. The more detailed information that I can present to the engineering team the easier it will be for them to try to reproduce this issue on their end and work towards a solution.

Oh boy I answered this 2 please pay attention. Its happens on both Streaming and local files.

bitrate was not changed.

My apologies. I missed that line.

don’t mind me, I do apologize.

In the future if you could please answer the questions in the same ordered numbered list as I’ve posted it will be easier to keep this all organized and communicated clearly to the rest of the team. The more information we collect in the beginning the less back and forth communication will be required. This will result in a quicker more efficient resolution to your issue. Thanks for understanding.

The team will ask for these details as well so please provide them:

• Device model(s) (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
  • Version of operating system(s) (macOS 14.3.1):
  • Device model(s) (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
    -Mac Pro M1 16gb(mem)
    -Lenovo ThinkPad i5(13th gen) 32gb(mem)
  • Version of operating system(s) (macOS 14.3.1):
    both running latest OS versions

Thanks for the information @dason. I have forwarded this to the engineering team to see if they can reproduce your issue and offer any solutions or feedback.

cool thank you have a great day

You’re welcome! You too @dason