Djay Pro/Spotify Cache

I am using Pro for ipad - I noticed when I closed the app and reopened, my cache still had songs that had loaded from my previous session. Do you know how long the cache will hold these songs and if there is maximum size to the cache? I am trying to preload a 64-song playlist into the cache to allow for potential offline playback if required.

Also, any update on when the offline playback feature will be added for Spotify?

I don’t think we will see a solution to this any time soon tbh. I moved over from Traktor when I bought my MacBook largely because of the ease of use with my Reloop Beatpad but also because of the Spotify integration.

As a wedding/function DJ, I only use Spotify as a backup solution with my main library stored on my MacBook. I do have quite a large Spotify library stored on my phone in case of an issue with my MacBook and iPad.

Best solution is to invest in some mobile wi-fi, or failing that speak to someone at the venue and try to get their wi-fi password

Virtual dj has also trouble with Spotify.
See:

"2017-09-08 Update:

Spotify is currently no longer available in VDJ 8 as they have recently changed their terms in regards to using Spotify inside Professional DJ applications. We are in discussions with Spotify in order to restore and improve the service but currently no ETA can be provided.

Content Unlimited, Deezer, Groove Music and Pulselocker are still available as content providers.

VirtualDJ Pro now includes a direct access to Spotify.

However, the current licensing terms of Spotify do not allow the streaming or caching of 2 tracks simultaneously.
VirtualDJ’s implementation respects this license limitation, but as a result, please be aware that the Spotify experience might not be ideal for DJ use.

We are working closely with Spotify to try to find a solution for DJs that would allow for better implementation while respecting the license terms. In the meantime, we still provide access to Spotify from within VirtualDJ, but enforcing the limitations imposed by the current licensing."

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/21723…

Deejay Dave, your post made it to djtechtools :slight_smile: See http://djtechtools.com/2017/09/14/spo…

actually Atomix had a official agreement with Spotify … just saying Mr. Deejay Dave :wink: