djay should integrate with Spotify.

I have completely moved over to Spotify recently for my music library and hadn’t realised that djay doesn’t integrate with it. I can’t understand why, when there are API’s available?!?! It seems a perfectly logical integration and you can see where the market is going based on the success of such services, so algoriddim should take note and get this sorted pronto before someone else does!

Perhaps Warren could explain a little more about the non-technical issues so that we are more informed as a customer-base?

Hi Warren,
sorry but there is no other reply with any information from you in this thread.

Malte

Hello,

I was wandering if we can use spotify to mix the music because I have all my music on spotify…
Thanks for awnsering!!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Can we use spotify!??.

3 years and no integration… what a travesty

Streaming music via wifi during a gig is a bad idea. I guess that can be useful at home where you can try out different tracks and prepare a playlist but that is something that you can do with some other audio app. Don’t know a single pro dj who uses that.

I totally agree! That’s exactly what I do!

This would be a great add-on.

Also soundcloud as well. :wink:

SPOTIFY + DJAY

would be super huge and a win-win for everyone, mostly for aloriddim

Jake, i think you are not alone, i think there are thousands more people wanting this
unfortunately there is only “1 kid in town” that integrates with Spotify,
and this program doesn’t even come close to djay, BUT it offers integration which is HUGE !!!

Spotify integration with Algoriddim DJay app.

Is there any plans to make this happen?

Spotify could help when you need a missing song

Spotify and deezers will improve this app

Spotify integration.

When are you going to have a spottily integration like PaceMaker?
http://news.spotify.com/us/2014/02/04…

Spotify Integration.

For some reason I can’t comment back in response to your feedback

• copyright issues…Spotify isn’t available in some countries
    But it should at least be an option you can use if you have it in your country, the rest can use it as is with iTunes library

• you wont be able to record your sets in djay
    Not sure why as you will see my response to the next point

• you will always need a rock solid internet connection for streaming
    With spottily you can download high res versions of the tracks to one’s iOS device so no need for streaming

• streaming bitrate qualities are much lower than anything most folk would want to use in their DJ sets - particularly if you’re playing out somewhere on a decent sound rig.
    As I mentioned before you can download high res versions.

This is one suggestion I’d prefer to see sunk without trace.
It’s sad that you feel this topic needs to disappear. A lot more people would buy your product if it was an add on.

My fear is that the cached memory is encrypted which would be the hurdle to exporting to DJAY/DJAY2. The encryption must be due to obvious reasons like copyright/DRM.

Soundcloud export should be a breeze I would imagine but perhaps costly to invest in

Told you! http://pacemaker.net

You may integrate with rdio.com service, now.

I would definitely use it! I find myself downloading mp3’s only for this app.- But I don’t think licensing wise this coudl/would happen :frowning:

I think this would be a great idea because I have loads if tracks in my spotify I just wish this could happen
Djay would defo be a lot better

Spotify.

i think for spotify premium members, we should be able to use the songs from there instead of songs from the library