Is Apple Music streaming really any good for DJs?

Just did this method. Works perfect!

Thanks @Slak_Jaw !

:v:t3:dueces to Tidal for me…

1 Like

You’re welcome @MrG. Glad that worked for you!

1 Like

Having just spoken with Apple about this, there’s just one flaw - and IMO it’s a biggie!

Once I cancel the Apple Music subscription on my current Apple ID and go to prepare a new ‘local files only’ library on that Apple ID, my current streaming library from that ID gets completely wiped. So, I cannot transfer over to my 2nd Apple ID: my library, star ratings, the works. I am not prepared to lose all that - it took me weeks to rate all the tracks in my Apple Music library! Even if I am only using them for streaming and track discovery/matching tracks, the ratings would still be helpful, even if I can’t view the ratings in Djay Pro.

I did ask if I could transfer over to my 2nd ID and delay cancelling the subscription on the first. No go there either - you cannot ‘clone’ one library over to another.

Seems like a no-go for Apple Music if I want to keep my streaming and own files separate, but also keep my ratings etc for my streaming side, without starting from absolute scratch.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this @groovekitchen. I totally understand your situation in this case. The 2 AppleID suggestion above works best if you haven’t already started building your library of playlists on Apple Music Streaming yet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.