What controllers are you using 🤔

Im loving pro 5 , demo ing

Its wicked, so well designed and gridding is amazing .

Im a prior traktor user, i was going to go serato for flip functions , would be nice to do similar in djay pro , but you can with pads etc live.

What controller set up do people use,

Im.thinking getting a reloop mixtour or mixtour all as my mixer / fader set up.

And i like to use pads for cues , slicer , saved loops etc . Maybe for stems.

I was think either pioneer dj ddj-sp1 or ddj - xp2. Anyone using either?

What do you use? Any using a pad or controller of the x y fx pad fuction ?

Would be great to hear about others sets ups :+1:

1 Like

Hi. I am fairly new to DJay. I came from Serato to Denon prime. I have a Reloop Mixon 8. the build quality is good enough. im using an iPad so I love the fact that I can just use 1 usb c cable to have power and info to the controller and its got an iPad stand. im loving how good the beat gridding is. I do a lot of weddings with multi genre, not in time playing and I can mix v easily and loop due to the amazing gridding.

1 Like

Yes the grids are excellent, amazing

Ive not had to try adjust any when testing it out

I have a Mixon 8. Although the right platter isn’t working properly, sticking. Gone for repair, hopefully will get sorted. I am open to other hardware possibilities. What are your set ups?

Is anyone using prime 4 or 4*. What’s the stock mapping like?

What other combinations are people using?

1 Like

Im used to the modular set ups

Coming from trakor, i used x1, z1 and f1 ar times.

Im looking to do something similar with pro 5.

I guess my best option would be a mixtour or mixtour pro , and i guess i could map my existing X1 for fx and additional

I think id prefer to get the pioneer dj ddj-xp2 as the 2nd controller. …

Im open to ideas tho , if anyone has some pointers ,

Im.not sure how easy the mapping would be eith dj ddj-xp2 on pro 5

Rane One is fantastic. Ive been using this for the past few years every weekend with no issues.

2 Likes

Rane one is ace,

Ive used it before,
Not sure id kike to take it to a gig …but its fantastic

I’m using a Reloop Mixon 8 Pro with a Midi Fighter Twister and Midi Fighter Spectra for gigs. My portable setup swaps the Mixon 8 for the Reloop Ready. I had a Denon Prime 4 which worked great with djay, but was a beast to carry to gigs. I also prefer running djay on an iPad over a laptop.

3 Likes

Can you use prime 4 with iPad? I would put cover on prime 4 screen and have iPad on stand over it. What was the mapping like?

You can definitely use the Prime 4 with iPad. Yeah, put the Prime 4 screen flat with cover on it then the iPad on top of the cover. Mapping was good, but I made some personal tweaks.

4 Likes

Ahh very cool mate. Great back drop as well. Could you share your mapping please :pray:

2 Likes

@Dysfunk_DJ, yeah that was a great venue. Back when I was living in Vietnam.

Here’s the mapping and key. These are almost 2 years old now so if you have questions about them, I probably don’t remember the answers :smirk:.

P4 Normal EQ-Filter+Pad FX-PitchCue SJ4.djayMidiMapping (224.0 KB)

2 Likes

Cool man, nice one. Take it needs to be in computer mode? I’m thinking of maybe prime 4 + if Mixon 8 comes back with more issues.

@Dysfunk_DJ, yeah it needs to be in computer mode for sure. Honestly, I loved DJing on this setup. Build quality and layout is excellent. The OLED FX displays are really nice to have as well. I just didn’t like carrying it to gigs. It’s a beast. Plus it’s a pretty expensive unit to use exclusively as a DJ controller and not as a standalone unit.

EDIT: If you’re going to use it only with djay, you should try to find a regular Prime 4 on sale. The + doesn’t add a ton of functionality if you’re going to mainly use it as a controller and not in standalone mode IMO.

1 Like

That’s true. I would probably if I got one put a 1tb sata drive in it so can use both, iPad and standalone. Best of both

Check out this TheDJLab YouTube post:

There’s no doubt InMusic and Algoriddim should be partnering.

4 Likes

I know what you mean, it is a lot just to use with iPad. I’m just not feeling the original prime 4 colour layout. Like a Christmas tree Lol. Prime four + just looks better. I’ll keep options open. Plus who knows what’s coming down the line. With djay 5.++ there will be opportunities with hardware integrations. Just a question of when.

1 Like

I saw there is a mapping for the akai amx,

Im.going to try that , i have an amx and always liked it.

I guess its a case of downloading the mapping life and placing it in a Djay pro 5 file directory?

Im on a mac book pro, anyone know?

Hi @Converted, yes, just download the MIDI mapping and put it in the djay folder. Then you should be able to select it from within the djay Settings>MIDI Devices after you have connected the hardware.

1 Like

thank you appreciated

do , I add both files to that folder - text file and the other mapping file