0-indexed bar numbering

I find the bar numbering quite handy in quickly seeing if it’s the right place to start mixing between 2 tracks or not. However, I’d wondered if it might be possible to have an option to start the count at 0 rather than 1 (i.e count how many bars have been played rather than which bar is coming up?). My computer programmer mind finds it easier to analyse 0, 2, 4, 8, 16, … than the less intuitive (to me) 1, 3, 5, 9, 17, …

Appreciate not everyone thinks in terms of starting to count at 0, so maybe having as an option rather than the default would make more sense. Obviously it’s not a huge feature or anything, but it feels like it ought to be the sort of thing that is relatively easy to implement and would be helpful to a few weirdos like me :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @Algy_Taylor,

Thanks for sharing your UI feedback with our teams.

You are correct in saying that not everyone thinks in the same terms you do but there may be other users who would also be interested in seeing this feature come to fruition as well.

I will share this with our development team in the mean time for continued consideration.

Have a wonderful day!

1 Like