3/16 echo time please!

This is the best echo time for transitions to many people’s ears. Please add this feature to iOS! I’m ready to move across from serato if you add this (and filter resonance control!) Thanks

Hi @James_Taylor,

You can use the FX knobs to adjust the parameters of the echo FX.
Does this not achieve what you’re trying to do?

Thanks for the reply. Am pretty sure on iOS the echo times are 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64 etc. Just double checked. 3/16 is a standard one on pro DJ software. I think confusingly it may be on your Mac version but named 2/3.

A question like this also brings up the question in me: why does djay not state the beat count (1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64) explicitly? The analogue controls we have blur the actual values and make it harder to replicate techniques reliably.

Edit: I moved my suggestion to a separate thread to not distract from your suggestion here.

Guys this would be such a quick fix in the software and would make echo sound better! It’s the standard dub echo timing for good reason. :grimacing::pray:t2:

I would like to see the timing of my currently selected effect in a matter that is similar to other DJ software, ie 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64. Displaying it would make it easier to replicate techniques, either my own or from somebody else (following a tutorial, for example) and will also enable me to understand the effects better. I would also appreciate being able to change the timing with < and > buttons instead of using the current analog dial. See below for an example, taken from Serato.

In djay Pro AI for Mac, this is already displayed for a few selected neural mix one touch effects (like echoing out 2/3, see screenshot below). That’s a start but still too limited.

1 Like

Thank you guys for your valuable feedback. We hear you loud and clear. We’ll push this topic internally and we’ll keep you posted with any news about this.

Feel free to keep adding suggestions about the Echo-FX here.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.