32 frame/sample ASIO buffer size is not listed for Lynx Studio E44 soundcard

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen): PC, AMD Ryzen 3700X
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1): Windows 10
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): 5.1.8217.0
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro): Lynx Studio E44 PCIe soundcard

Summary of the issue:

The Lynx E44 ASIO drivers support buffer sizes down to 32 samples, however djay only lists/shows buffer sizes down to 64 frames/samples. Even after selecting 32 samples in Lynx’s ASIO Control Panel, djay reverts it back to 64 samples. Here’s an image of djay Pro and Lynx ASIO Control Panel:

For comparison, my Rane SL2 supports a 48 frame/sample buffer and djay correctly reports and uses 48 samples with no issues, so buffer sizes less than 64 frames/samples appear to be supported by djay.

How to reproduce the issue:

Configure the ASIO audio buffer size for a Lynx Studio audio device.

Hi @L-Train, thanks for the detailed information. I have forwarded this to the engineering team to see if they can reproduce the issue and offer any suggestions. I’ll report back here when I have news. Thanks!

Hi @L-Train, I spoke with the engineering team. We don’t currently officially support buffer sizes below 64 frames. The SL2 is special case workaround on the user side. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.