4% Tempo Option...

Over two years now…. Still waiting

Why you need that 4% tempo range? Within 8% you can adjust 4% too :)) I din’t get this request.

@DJ-Z smaller range = higher tempo adjustment precision within the range.

2 Likes

Thanks that clarification. just precision is the point? I never realized that may be because of the genre what I play no need extra fine adjustment.

Just precision. With a smaller total range, you have to move the physical tempo fader farther to adjust the tempo. Therefore you get more accuracy in your adjustments.

I also like the effect to be able to slow a song down to just about zero and then slowly speed it up again.
Denon Prime does this

If you use a small-form controller, eg Numark DJ2Go2 Touch or Hercules Starlight, then the tempo fader is very short, so moving +/- 8% you get a very noticeable jump in tempo with anything other than the lightest of touches. 4% would go a long way to making it more like the precision ‘normal’ tempo control (at the cost of not being able to do bigger tempo jumps)

1 Like

Would really like to keep pushing for the introduction of this feature,
Having picked up the Prime Go, I can see now why we need the 4% option,
Making adjustments on the small pitch fader at 8% is really tricky

1 Like

Two years and three months later and still no 4% for iOS :expressionless: :level_slider:

1 Like

Hi @maurizio_T and @DJ_Chris_Argueta, thanks for continuing to push this topic. I have brought this up again with the dev team and am working to move this higher up on the priority list. Thanks!

3 Likes

:+1:t4: thanks. I wouldn’t push for it if I didn’t think it was useful and easy to implement. This can’t be difficult to develop. Regards.

2 Likes

You’re welcome @DJ_Chris_Argueta

The tempo fader of the Tractor S2 MK3 is too short for the 6% tempo range. Sadly. A little too short, but too short. 4% or 5% for all Manual beat matchers is essential… come on please, we need it, it’s not just confort -_-

1 Like

I’m going to make the assumption that most iOS deejays using djay are not using it with a full size controller. So the majority of iOS controllers being used are smaller, more compact and have pitch fader travel length that is probably half of the old industry’s standard (SL-1200). So, squeezing 8% tempo adjustment into a distance normally reserved for 4% makes for sloppy and imprecise tempo adjustment. Some of us DJs like to manually beat match, this can only be done with any precision if the tools are precise.

4% get us closer to that analog precision.

2 Likes

Yep, especially if you’re using something like the Numark DJ2Go2 or Hercules Starlight … those tempo controls are tiny. Or on the iPhone UI, again the tempo control is (through necessity) rather small

1 Like

It wasn’t until I picked up the Denon Prime Go did I realise how much the 4% is needed,
I would also like to have the tempo fader be able to slow down the track to come to a complete stop and then be able to speed it up,
Denon prime software does this and it can be a great effect when transitioning to another track of another genre

2 Likes

Thanks for the additional input @maurizio_T

1 Like