5.1.1 sudden shut down

Thanks for the details @Joao_Victor_Sluminsk

Ipad pro, latest iOS and djay version, using the app without a controller, direct pad to speakers, crashes after 15 minutes from starting

I had this happen Friday and Saturday nights this weekend,
iPad Pro 12.9inch 6th Gen
Djay Pro 5.1.1.
Pioneer DDJ-SX2
Streaming Beatsource/Apple Music
4 decks mode
I had been using crossfader Fx but they were turned off when the shut down happened.

2 Likes

Happening to me twice tonight
iPad Pro 3rd gen
WiFi/bluetooth off
Buddy controller
Local music (iTunes)
DJAY 5.1.1
Just crashed again.

Thanks for the additional details everyone! This is very helpful. The team is working on this. Iā€™ll report back when I have more news.

Hi
Iā€™m getting the same crash app shutdown problem
Happened 5 times in a 4 hour set.
Then 1 time in a 3 hour set.
Very random.
Please can you just roll back to the previous version immediately and then sort this all out for a future release with the extra features???
Just need it to continue to work now!! I have a gig tomorrow!
Thanks
Lewis

• iPad Air (4th generation)
  • djay Pro 5.1.1
  • pioneer Wego4
  • Tidal and local
  • Using Neural Mix, Crossfader FX, 4 Deck Mode, etc.? Not using any of these.

This is all a surprise as well because my setup has been rock solid for years now. I had auto update of the apps on but Iā€™ll be turning that off nowā€¦

Thanks for sharing these details @Lewismccallum. You can roll back to a previous version of djay Pro if you have a full system backup of your iOS device via iTunes/Music or iCloud. Unfortunately, itā€™s not possible to only rollback djay Pro.

In addition, the engineering team has identified the cause of this issue and already has a fix in the works. Iā€™ll report back here when the update is available for download.

3 Likes

5.1.1 definitely seems to be the common denominator with all the crashes.
Iā€™m sure the guys at Algoriddim are hot on the dial with a fix.
My advice is if you have the means is to have a backup device and always test the latest updates with that,
I have Auto update turned off my main iPad and generally do the testing with latest updates either on my iPhone or the older spare iPad that l have

1 Like

Could we get the details of this problem, so that I can take steps to avoid causing the same scenario this weekend?
Djay Pro crashed at the peak of dancefloor activity two nights in a row and kinda left me in a bad spot, but Iā€™m not too mad about it because the capabilities that Djay Pro has also gave me the opportunities to light up that dancefloor in ways Iā€™d never done before also.
I really put this app through itā€™s paces for 5 solid hours and didnā€™t experience any anomalies that set me back during that timeframe.

Thanks for your reply
Well everything is ā€œpossibleā€ of course, including reverting djay.
Just re-release 5.1 and call it 5.1.2
Work on the fixes for 5.1.1 and then release that as 5.1.3
Boom is it that easy?!

1 Like

Hi @tony_foo_yong,

Iā€™ve been told the cause turned out to be a memory leak (noticeably occurring when CFX is active with tempo blend enabled and the waveform is visible).

2 Likes

Awesome thanks so much for getting the update out!!! Hopefully itā€™s all solid. Thank you love your work, best app ever.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just glad itā€™s not me!

1 Like

It appears 5.1.2 has now been release in the App Store

Hello everyone. Iā€™m happy to report that 5.1.2 has officially been released. Please update and let me know if this fixes your issue. Thanks.

6 Likes

I havenā€™t tested yet, but I just want to say I appreciate your quick fix and the constant support on this channel here @Slak_Jaw and the engineering team!!

THANK YOU

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome @PoyTB

Hi @Slak_Jaw I donā€™t see an update on my device or App Store. Can you advise please?

Hi @tony_foo_yong do you have the update? I donā€™tā€¦