5.1.1 sudden shut down

IPhone 13 iOS 17.3.1
Djay pro 5.1.1
Pioneer DDJ- Flex 4
Issue:

1. App suddenly shuts down when using motorized crossfader directly on the phone (no controller). Uninstalled and reinstalled app and rebooted phone but problem still ongoing.
  2. App may shut down when adjusting tempo with pitch on controller (sync off). Happened twice out of 5 occurrences during gig with active dance floor :grimacing:

P.S. it shuts down - no crash report

5 Likes

Algoriddim staff, We are hearing of these crashes quite frequently now by various users,
I would think the updates need to be heavily tested before releasing new Updates

1 Like

I agree. Focus on getting stable rather than new features.

1 Like

@Artigas Thanks for sharing the details about your setup and what seems to be causing the shut down. I will forward this to the engineering so they can try to reproduce it on their end. I’ll report back here when I have any news.

1 Like

Has that happened to me last night too during live set…

1 Like

Hi @PoyTB, please provide details about your setup and what you were doing when the crash occurred.

1. iOS device specifics
  2. iOS version
  3. djay Pro version
  4. DJ hardware details
  5. Using streaming services or local music?
  6. Using Neural Mix or Crossfader FX?

Having the same issue on my 9thGen iPad, iOS 17.3.1. DJay will suddenly shut down and return to iPad Home Screen. It’s typically as I use crossfader. This happens after about an hour of use. Has now happened several times at the roughly 60min +/- mark.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed info @Phil75. Are you using Crossfader FX or just the regular Crossfader?

Just the regular one.

Okay. Thanks @Phil75

Thanks for the quick response even on the weekend!!

1. Ipad Pro 12.9 5th Gen
  2. IOS 17.2
  3. Djay 5.1.1
  4. No hardware on this. As I was just Bluetooth to house party soundbar.
  5. No streaming, all local music
  6. I believe it was just a normal cross fader. May be Cross fader FX. But can’t remember.

It just suddenly close, no options to end the bugs/report etc.

1 Like

By the looks of it Version 5.1.1 is giving grief to various users,
I’m still on 5.0.4 and haven’t had an issue for a while now.

Might be related to the memory leak reported on Mac.

Are these crashes only happening after a longer period of time (like @Phil75 reported)?

Same here, had two shut downs during a 3h set!

2 Likes

Yep had one myself last night… sounds terrifying to have this happen during a live set!

1 Like

Mine was about 20-30 mins in.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional info everyone. Personally, I’ve had zero issues with 5.1.1 on my iPad or iPhone running iOS 17.2.1 and 17.3.1. I’ve been testing with and without DJ hardware as well. The engineering team is aware of the issues you’re experiencing and is investigating further.

Same issue and I’m at work right now

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this @Rich_Reggae. Please provide details about your setup and what you were doing when the crash occurred.

1. iOS device specifics
  2. iOS version
  3. djay Pro version
  4. DJ hardware details
  5. Using streaming services or local music?
  6. Using Neural Mix, Crossfader FX, 4 Deck Mode, etc.?
1 Like

Hi, I’m having the same problem.

The app closes after some time of use.

• iPhone 13 Pro
  • IOS 17.3.1
  • DJ Pro 5.1.1
  • DDJ-200
  • local music.

I’m going to work this week and I need the app working please!