A few TIDAL issues on djay Pro AI for Mac

Not working for me… also, can’t reproduce complete songs…

Hey @DaveMateo, Could you please share which djay version you are using and on which platform (e.g., iOS, Mac, Windows)?

Please also describe a bit more in detail what’s happening when you say it can’t reproduce complete songs so I can better assist you with this.

Hi Emily. Thanks for answering me. I´m using Mac (Big Sur Ver. 11.2.3./ 2,4 GHz Intel Core i5) and running Djay AI 3.0.9.
I have three problems:

• First. I can’t do an analysis of the Tidal lists. That option is not available (I can’t click on it).
  • Second. Many of Tidal’s songs are not loaded complete. This is especially the case when I have the highest quality selected.
  • The third is similar to the previous one. Tidal videos do not play in high quality (HD). It is not an internet issue, because I can see them in HD when I play them from the Tidal application itself. I can also watch Netflix without cuts and in high resolution
    These problems appeared about a month ago.

I hope you can help me.

Greetings

David

2 Likes

Hey David, I’ve moved your topic posts to this new thread in the Bug Reports category so we can better track these issues and help you out with each of them.

1. The First issue where you can’t click on the “Analyze Songs” button, could you please share a screenshot of this option in djay when you’re trying to access it? It should look like this:

2. The Second issue you mentioned where TIDAL tracks seem to get cut off in djay - It appears this is currently happening for some users when using the TIDAL HiFi Quality setting. A possible workaround is to set the TIDAL Quality setting in djay to High or Normal. Please see this existing topic thread for more details: Tidal ‘Hi-Fi’ - only first 6 beats appear in the waveform!

3. The Third issue you mentioned where TIDAL videos don’t play in HD quality - Our development team is currently investigating this, and video improvements will be included in the next update to the app. I’ll keep you posted here when that’s available. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Thanks for your help in troubleshooting these issues. Hope to hear from you again soon.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Beat Grid problems with Djay Pro 2 & 3 + TIDAL Audio Resolution Query

Hi David,

I wanted to follow up with you to let you know that the TIDAL video quality issue (Issue 3) that you contacted us about previously has been fixed in the latest versions of djay Pro AI for iOS (version 3.7) and for Mac (version 3.1). Please update your app when you get a chance, and the videos should display in djay as expected.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. Please let me know if you have any other questions. :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.