Ableton Link ON and OFF Midi mappable.

Hello Algoriddim. In one of my tests here, where I use Ableton Link with my Maschine, I missed being able to map the Link On and Off Function. Being able to have a button mapped exclusively for this function would be very interesting. Ableton Link on Djay works really well, allowing you to turn it on and off without affecting the sync between the Decks and the sampler, so we can use loops in the decks, create Beats in the Sampler and use some synth for melodies on other equipment like the Maschine , Ableton itself or another iPad for example… What do you think? @Guillermo

Hey @Fernando_Midi,

I think that’s a great idea, and it has actually been requested to us by another user in the past. We’ll push this topic internally and we’ll get back to you when there’s any update on this.

Thanks for helping us improve djay:)

Cheers, G

1 Like

Hey @Fernando_Midi,

Would a “Start/Stop Sync” option on Ableton Link solve this for you? This would allow you to synchronize the start/stop commands across all connected apps/devices that have this function enabled.

Hope to hear from you again.

Cheers, G

1 Like

Ohh my noble Guillermo, how good it is to talk to you and to hear about new functions! Algoriddim’s team is amazing. In my way of thinking about the “Ableton Link” function, I believe that both a Start / Stop sync and an ON and OFF button are necessary, because in some cases we already start with the “Link” active, where the Decks and the Sampler are already in automatic Sync and in this case a Start / Stop Sync would be enough for an entire setup to be synchronized. But in other situations it would be useful to actually disable Ableton Link so Decks revert back to being Masters. When Ableton Link is active normally it is the “Deck Master”, making the entire APP with Decks, Sampler, Looper are in sync, right? For example, being able to Midi-map 2 buttons, one for the Start/Stop Sync function and the other for actually turning off LINk , would give full control to users who could have different ways of using it. I use Ableton Link in several setups but when it comes to Decks, Scratchs sometimes have to be completely “free”. Having the options of On, off, activating a “Resync”, allows us to have a resource that we can use whenever we want, alternating between a more traditional and a more technological DJing… Did I make myself understood? lol @Guillermo

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer, Fernando. I’ve shared it with the team. We’ll let you know as soon as there’s any news about this.

As always, thank you for helping us improve djay.

Cheers, G

1 Like

yes please!!!esperately need to be able to go in and out of sync smoothly

2 Likes

I really love this App…lol

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.