Add ability to read Rekordbox Libraries or Rekordbox USB

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

Arguably Rekordbox is used in more clubs than other other software, and as such most DJs use Rekordbox for library management. Many other software packages now read either Rrekordbox Libraries or Rekordbox USB drives, and as such, it would help convert the largest market share of DJs to using Djay. Yes, there are apps to convert libraries, but the best solution would be like VirtualDJ where the library is read when using the MacOS app. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! Good idea. I have forwarded this to the dev team for consideration. In the meantime, please use the blue Vote button at the top left of this page so we can gauge user demand for this feature. Thanks!

Ability to import from other software is good - but why stop at Rekordbox?

Despite the statements, “most DJs” are not just using Rekordbox or working in clubs, and Rekordbox is far from the only DJ software out there.

It’s just as important to add importing from VirtualDJ, Traktor, Serato and others.

2 Likes

Full agreed. Import library is a must have for users to change over.

There is a third party app called Lexicon which converts database formats between various DJ software, but unfortunately not DJay Pro.

That we can’t even use tools like Lexicon to do the job makes having it onboard even more important.

Serato crates are already integrated. I think by market share VDJ and Traktor are the smallest. VDJ already does rekordbox and Serato import leaving rekordbox as the only major platform that’s not supported. With the recent collaboration with Laidback Luke, it would make sense to bring over rekordbox DJs by allowing USB reading and library reading from within the software.

Agreed. By market share alone rekordbox integration would cover vast majority of users… what little is left over would be Traktor, Virtual DJ and Serato users.

It would be lovely if Djay could read Rekordbox USBs with playlists and so on.

Hi @Johan_Rosenberg, please use Search before creating new topics. I’ve merged yours with this existing one. Please cast your vote at the top left of this page. Thanks!

1 Like