Add Latency Settings for MacOS

Was going through the Djay pro settings menu for macOS and realized that the latency section has been removed. Any reason why that was done? I was able to get the app to be more responsive to my quick actions with a very low latency on my Mac but now that it’s no longer there I feel as if I am not getting the same response.

1 Like

Hi @Zigla, this is only available within the DVS settings (audio buffer size 64 - 512)

2 Likes

@Slak_Jaw …Ok Thans for letting me know. Does this mean latency settings are only available for DVS?
Does this also mean that latency in djay pro is global and depends on the macbook/laptop that one is using? I am asking all this because i feel like djay pro is not as slick and responsive for my quick routines as i would like compared to the others.(Scratching and release is perfect. But finger drumming cue points while moving the crossfader quickly can sometimes be a bit off. )
HARDWARE I USE : CDJ 3000 + DJM - S11
LAPTOP: 2021 Macbook Pro M1 Pro 16gb

You’re welcome @Zigla. Latency is handled different on macOS (CoreAudio) than on Windows with ASIO drivers. I believe Buffer Size and Sample Rate are handled internally in code. Have you ever set the buffer size? If so what value did you use?

Example of Windows ASIO Latency settings:

where did you find that menu @Slak_Jaw ?

This is from a different software on a Windows laptop with ASIO drivers. I posted it as an example.

@Slak_Jaw , The previous Buffer Size i set on Djay Pro was 64ms (probably from the DVS menu). But on other software i have set it to the lowest possible without giving me a glitch in audio output. (Serato is set to 1ms, Rekordbox is set to 1.6 , Virtual DJ is set to 192). With these settings i am able to get the swiftest response when i am performing etc etc. Thanks. Maybe Djay pro should consider adding that as an option for its users?

1 Like

Thanks for the details @Zigla. I’ve passed this onto the devs and have changed this topic from a Question to a Suggestion so that you and other users can upvote to have Latency settings added to macOS djay.