Add support for NDI (Network Device Interface) video/audio out

It would be wonderful if djay pro could output the master video/audio output via NDI (Network Device Interface).

This would make it trivial to route the output of djay pro over the network to other applications, such a OBS or Wirecast, or even make the video an input to visualization software such as Resolume.

3 Likes

You might want to check this out.
It doesn’t handle video, but as it’s along the lines of Linux’s PipeWire, it’s only a matter of time until someone figures that part out (if they haven’t already). CoreAudio and CoreVideo would have to be unified somehow…

That reminds me of Rogue Amoeba | Loopback: Cable-Free Audio Routing, which is fantastic software (but not free).

That just handles audio, though. I’m honestly more interested in the video.

I found a workaround for this for now:

1. Download BetterDisplay. Run it, and create a new Dummy Display. This acts like an actual external monitor, despite it not really existing.
  2. In DJay Pro, select the dummy display as the external display for video.
  3. Using NDI tools scan converter, you can select the dummy display to screen capture and send as NDI video.
1 Like

Hi @Ryan_Ruel,

Glad to see you in the community again!

We appreciate your suggestion and will be passing this along to our dev team for continued review.

Additionally, thank you for sharing your workaround in this thread as I’m sure it will help other users going forward.

Have a great day!

what is the typical audio latency for NDI?